Metal Finishing Technician Apprentice The Diamond Metal Finishing Company Ltd
Operative will learn to process and control customers products through our manual & automated finishing workshops. Using the equipment. PLC automation and manual processing. Learn to control chemical solutions (analysis). Learn fundamentals of how to check and test to customers specification. How to electroplate, powder coat & anodising.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
06 Oct 2021
24 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The apprentice operative will learn how to:
- Process, control customers products through our manual & automated finishing workshops
- Using a variety of equipment
- PLC automation and manual processing
- Learn to control chemical solutions(analysis)
- Learn fundamentals of how to check and test to customers specification.
- Gain the ability to electroplate, powder coat & anodising
Requirements and prospects
- Has a grasp of basic IT skills
- Can communicate clearly with colleagues and managers and a willing to improve on this
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn
- Work within a team
- A sense of humour important
- None required
- Permanent position with DMF
About the employer
The company was founded in 1945 and is located close to Junctions 15 & 16 on the M6 motorway network, centrally located in the UK to service companies throughout the UK and beyond. With our services segregated to commercial finishing operating under our ISO 9001 and high-end finishing to AS9100 standards.
Whilst continuing to grow our presence into new markets we offer an alternative facility and additional option to Tiers 1, 2 and 3 customers, utilizing our experience as a volume processor we have adapted our expertise to combine volume and efficiency production methods which is aided by bespoke PLC automation, Data software and application techniques.
We facilitate pre-treatments for the Structural lightweight sandwich honeycomb panel assemblies across a wide range of interior/Exterior panel requirements and installers to the Rail, Cruise liner, Bus/Coach, Motorsports, Space, Aircraft Premier Seating and aircraft interiors markets. In addition, we apply other treatments to the Electrical, Electronic, Precision and Sheet metal industries offering a selection of coatings for almost every application.
With our continued growth plans we are actively seeking to increase our presence into the Defence, Aerospace and Hi-tech markets, whilst adding further chemical processes and customer approvals.
It is the mission of the Diamond Metal Finishing Co Ltd to provide high value metal finishing processes that meet all of our customers’ requirements whether commercial or higher-end. We are dedicated to excellence through:
- Quality of work
- Meeting applicable regulatory compliance
- Developing skilled and empowered employees
- Continuous improvement
Our values and work ethic proudly represent our dedication as a UK business and strive to deliver the best quality product in a timely manner to the needs of our large and valued diverse customers worldwide.
AXIA SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Axia Solutions Limited
Ellie Rowland 01782572777 Ellier@axia-solutions.com
- Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- English & Maths Functional Skills Level 1
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.