Technical Office Apprentice Fibreline Ltd
A fantastic opportunity is available to join a busy office; to work as part of a team to provide flexible administrative support as required.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
24 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The duties will include:
- Working in our technical office in the development of upholstery fillings for new furniture models
- Dealing with email & phone queries
- Generating specifications and compiling costing information through the use of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Using 2D CAD software to create new parts and diagrams for production
- Checking samples before despatch to customers
Requirements and prospects
- You should be able demonstrate good communication both verbal and written and be conscientious in the approach to your work and your development
- You should be able to work equally as well within team, as on an individual basis and have good IT skills – Excel / Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy and accurate typing skills
- A knowledge or interest in CAD
- You will need to be reliable and punctual and have a smart appearance
- Motivated and forward thinking
- An ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident and presentable
- Excellent team player
- Personable, willing and enthusiastic
- GCSE (or equivalent) grades C/4 or above in Maths and English
- AS levels (or equivalent)
This is a growing business giving good prospects to the right applicant.
Things to consider
Acceptance is subject to college initial assessment, and interview.
About the employer
Fibreline Ltd has a long and distinguished history. Founded in 1982 the company pioneered the use of polyester fibre in the furniture industry. Its product range has now grown to include foam and feather fillings.
The company has innovated both its product range and manufacturing processes and has grown to be the largest independently owned upholstery cushion fillings manufacturer in the UK.
Operating from our 90,000 sq ft facilities in Keighley, Fibreline ltd employs over 200 people. With a skilled workforce based on traditional textile skills and knowledge, all the way through to leading edge robotic technology using vision and 3 D scanning. Fibreline believes in continual improvement in all aspects of its business.
LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leeds City College
Saffron Khan 01535 685118 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mode of delivery: Training, observations and assessments carried out in the workplace. An assessor will visit the place of work every 6-8 weeks.
Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard at Level 3.
- Support and engage with different parts of the organisation
- Interacting with internal or external customers
- Supporting functional areas
- Working across teams
- Resolving issues as requested
Personal and People Development
- Working on your own as well as part of a team, seeking help and guidance when you are not sure
Health, Safety and Security
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment
- Adhering to legislations appropriate to the industry
Equality and Diversity
- Follow the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion
Functional Skills Qualification
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.