Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice Luna
An opportunity has arisen to become part of the team at this prestigious salon based in Coventry. Luna Hair & Beauty salon is looking for an apprentice hair dresser to join the team and be part of an ongoing learning experience.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
23 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Typical daily tasks of an apprentice will include:
- Cleaning and tidying salon
- Greeting clients
- Making drinks
- Shampooing clients' hair
- Advising clients on shampoos, conditioners and treatments (training will be given)
- Assisting and observing stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained
The tasks will gradually increase to things like applying colours, blow drying, styling etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident with good communication skills
- Able to speak fluent English
- You should be smart with a good attitude to work and time keeping
You should be:
- Customer focused
- Willing to learn
Candidate needs to be:
- Fluent in speaking English
- Able to read and write in English
- Maths qualification would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given
On successful completion of NVQ level 2 hairdressing, there may be the opportunity to progress onto NVQ level 3 hairdressing and good training program plus a chance at progressing to management for the right candidate
Things to consider
Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an apprentice in the hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning!
Please be aware that when working as a hairdressing apprentice part of your daily jobs will be to clean and tidy the salon. There will be some long periods of standing. Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays and at least one late evening before applying for the position as this is a requirement when working in the hairdressing industry.
About the employer
Luna Hair and Beauty based in Coventry is a prestigious salon that offers the latest trends hair and beauty services to their loyal client base. They have a high reputation with outstanding reviews from their clients.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 email@example.com
- Level 2 Hairdressing Standard
- Functional skills in maths and English if applicable
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.