Commis Chef Apprenticeship Westlea Social Club
The Westlea has recently developed a new menu with a new head chef, and they are looking for an apprentice to train alongside him. The role will involve everything from food preparation, to cooking the individual dishes.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
22 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The Westlea has recently developed a new menu with a new head chef, and they are looking for an apprentice to train alongside him. The role will involve;
- Food preparation - including storing of meats and veg.
- Food hygiene
- Preparing home cooked meals such as burgers, pasta dishes, etc.
- Learning to cook from scratch with fresh ingredients
- General running of the kitchen
Requirements and prospects
- Good at working with your hands
- Has an eye for detail
- Good at identifying flavours
- Good communication skills
- Hard working & committed
- Wants to learn the industry
- Willing to listen and learn
Although no formal qualifications have been specified by the employer, there are still minimum entry requirements for the apprenticeship programme, and you will be assessed on English and maths at interview.
Possibility of permenant employment and going on to complete further qualifications.
Things to consider
You will need to be committed to working weekends.
About the employer
This bar offers you to try perfectly cooked dumplings and tasty chicken. Food delivery is an important advantage of The New Westlea. The fabulous service displays a high level of quality at this place. Prices here are reported to be average. The charming atmosphere has been highlighed by the visitors. The score of this spot on Facebook is 4.9.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 0191 5185587 email@example.com
- Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1 maths and English Functional Skills
- Preparation for End Point Assessment.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.