Apprentice Butcher W J Crouch Butchers Ltd
A great opportunity to start a career as a Butcher at a family run Butchers based in Kent. Level 2 Apprentice.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2021
22 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Butcher all species of meat
- Bone, roll, dice, slice meat
- Produce orders to customer specifications
- Meet time deadlines
- Make sausages and other value-added products
- Maintain high standards of food hygiene and personal cleanliness
- Work as part of a team
- Communicate with other members of the team
- Be capable of the very best customer service
Requirements and prospects
- Some manual dexterity
- An ability to communicate
- Good health (some lifting)
- Able to accept and use training
- Ability to be a part of a team
- Follow directions
- Willingness to learn
- Good personal hygiene
- An interest in food
- The completion of a task to a high standard
- Maths and English GCSE’s grade 3 or above are helpful but not essential as support will be given in these subjects.
- We are looking to build our team from within and train an apprentice to be an integral part of the business. We support promotion from within for the right person and it is the ‘right’ person that we want to employ
- Butchery is a good, well paid career with great opportunities. There is a shortage of butchers at present and a good butcher will never be without a job.
Things to consider
- This vacancy is located in Bearsted, Kent.
- In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to travel to the Plumpton College Butchery Department for one day every other week, in Bodium
- We enjoy a hardworking positive atmosphere where people come first. Our team, practice and maintain the highest personal and professional standards to ensure our business continues as one of the best butchers in the area
- Employee discount scheme on produce
- Free tea and coffee
- Uniform and PPE provided
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are a successful, high-class butchers with 3 branches servicing Kent and East Sussex, supplying top quality meat to the professional catering industry, hospitality, and retail sectors.
We are looking to build our team from within and train an apprentice to be an integral part of the business going forwards.
We want to build from within and hence employ the ‘right’ person.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Plumpton College
Alice Hutchinson 01273 892127 email@example.com
This vacancy is an opportunity for an apprentice to learn butchery and the associated skills needed to be a modern butcher. Butchery is a great skill
The apprenticeship is completed in partnership with Plumpton College’s highly regarded Butchery Apprenticeship Department, where the successful applicants will embark on a Level 2.
This Butchery Apprenticeship, lasts between 12 and 18 months. The course includes all aspects of modern butchery together with additional qualifications in food hygiene and health and safety.
The course concludes with an assessment in skills and knowledge before the apprenticeship qualification is awarded.
Apprentices spend 20% of their time being trained, mentored and taught in both the workplace and at college. Where necessary, the training includes helping students achieve competency in maths and English.
Here at WJ Crouch Butchers Ltd , we enjoy a hardworking positive atmosphere where people come first.
Our team, practice and maintain the highest personal and professional standards to ensure our business continues as a premier butchery outlet.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.