Apprentice Commis Chef White Swan Pub Company Ltd
We are an independent bar and restaurant based in Leeds, 1/2 mile from Leeds Bradford airport with a number of Yorkshire tourist attractions on our doorstep.
Closing date: 27 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
22 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To provide all customers with a professional, helpful and friendly service
- To assist in preparation of food, as well as ensuring full food and safety practices are followed.
- To ensure all food is stored correctly and at the correct temperature
- To adhere to knife techniques and safety equipment policies Works quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as weekends and evenings
- Occasionally takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed or the restaurant is particularly busy
Requirements and prospects
- No essential skills required, but must have a passion for food and want a future in this industry.
- Proactive, flexible, creative and adaptable.
Desirable that the candidate holds maths, English grade 4 / C and above in GCSE or equivalent, however, not essential. If the candidate does not hold one or either of the qualifications then they will need to complete functional skills level 1 and 2 alongside their apprenticeship standard.
Potential opportunity be kept on as a full time member of staff after the completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
Location and the varied working hours - Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Luminate Education Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leeds City College
Leeds City College 0113 284 6464 email@example.com
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.