Accountancy Apprentice Rowett Insurance Broking Ltd
Rowett Insurance Broking Ltd is seeking a hardworking, professional and ambitious apprentice. You will train as an Assistant Accountant, with full training and support offered.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
03 Jan 2022
22 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Our company is looking for an accounts assistant to support the Finance Manager and the accounting team with day to day operations. The successful candidate will possess exceptional organisational and time management skills, and ideally experience working successfully in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- A broad range of accounting and finance tasks
- Data entry
- All aspects of invoicing
- Investigation of debt and irregularity of payments
- Processing invoice and bills
As a valued member of the team the successful candidate will provide general administrative support to management team and accounting department personnel.
Full training and supervision will be intrinsic in supporting the candidate in this role.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong attention to detail
- Numerate, with good IT skills
- Ability to show initiative and a desire to develop good organisational skills
- A methodical approach to workloads
- Good verbal and written communication skills and a polite telephone manner
- Knowledgeable in mathematics
- A meticulous approach towards work
- Not afraid to raise queries
- Problem solver
- Ability to be flexible and contribute to good teamwork
- Able to work well as part of a team
- To apply for this opportunity, you are expected to hold a strong standard of general education (including mathematics and English GCSE Grade C / 4 or equivalent)
- An A-level in mathematics would be desirable, though alternative qualifications will be considered on merit
- The right candidate will be supported to progress further within the company
Things to consider
- The business is close to a public bus stop
- There is limited onsite parking
- The vacancy may therefore close swiftly if a suitable candidate is found. All published dates can therefore be flexible and will be dependent on suitable candidates coming forward and registering appropriate interest
About the employer
Established in 1985 Rowett Insurance Broking Ltd provide both personal and commercial insurances online as well as through our offices in St Austell in Cornwall and Plymouth in Devon.
Our highly experienced Commercial Insurance team pride themselves on their professionalism in finding the right product and covers to meet the needs of their customers. Our personal service includes dedicated file handlers, claims handling, and a review of existing insurance arrangements.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
Recruitment Team 01209 616269
Assistant Accountant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- You will be working towards a recognised qualification and trained in the workplace alongside your usual duties
- At the end of the programme your skills and knowledge will be formally tested
- You will be required to regularly attend Cornwall College St. Austell as part of the apprenticeship training (venue to be confirmed)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.