Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Oasis Academy
Working within a school environment, you will enhance your teaching skills through practical experience. We are looking for apprentices to work in both the primary and early years phases of the academy.
Closing date: 20 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
22 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Our teaching assistant apprenticeship programme will teach many different skills, which will allow you to work within schools to support classroom delivery.
Some of the key responsibilities and accountabilities are likely to include:
- Supervising class activities, in both primary and early years classes
- Assisting with young people’s learning experience
- Helping students who might need extra support
- Learning classroom-based skills and behaviour techniques
- Planning sessions and think about learning objectives
- Working alongside the teacher to support classroom activities
Requirements and prospects
- Hard working
- Good time keeping
- Work as part of a team
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- A confident communicator
- Professionally presented
- Punctual and reliable
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Potential to progress into full-time employment.
Things to consider
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities:
- Let Me Play, LMP Education and Sporting Education are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults
- To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Everyone at Oasis Academy Parkwood will have the opportunity to flourish in all areas of life in an enthusiastic, enriching and secure community environment where all are respected and valued.
Oasis Academy Parkwood is driven by a powerful ethos which aspires to treat everyone inclusively and recognises the importance of a holistic approach to education. As well as continuing to build a strong school and deliver a first-class education, it is also our desire to build a strong community, recognising that educational needs to not exist in isolation from the needs of the whole person.
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
This training programme focuses on developing classroom delivery and work within schools.
The qualification aims to grow your existing skillset in the following key areas:
- Increased mastery of the critical stages of child and adolescent development
- Enhance understanding of the types of influences that can affect this development
- Become fully adept in supporting teachers with the planning of activities, as well as creating own activity plans
- Evaluation of personal performance in relation to supporting literacy, numeracy, and ICT
- Amplify knowledge of safeguarding, and emergency procedures
- Understand legislation with regard to confidentiality, data protection, and information sharing
All candidates take part in an initial intense training programme at the start of the selection process. During this period our experienced staff will prepare candidates for their placements by giving them the foundations that they will need for securing a placement.
Our Employability team will also be on hand to support with interview skills ready for a placement interview.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.