Apprentice Teaching Assistant THE HABERDASHERS' ASKE'S BOYS' SCHOOL FOUNDATION
The role of Apprentice Teaching Assistant contributes to the provision of a safe, supportive and stimulating school environment, where each pupil can feel inspired, challenged and valued, and where staff are supported.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
22 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Role will include but not be limited to the following duties:
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact
- Helping children of all different abilities to make maximum progress, by explaining the lesson, demonstrating techniques and providing extension work
- Helping with cover when a teacher is absent
- Providing direct assistance to classroom teachers as directed by Phase Leaders, including in the maintenance of general noticeboards
- Supporting teachers with setting up, resourcing, tidying, washing up, etc.
- Providing assistance with drama and musical productions and themed assemblies, including with the selection and preparation of costumes
- Regularly monitoring the After-School Care Facility bookings during the day and deal with enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Providing supervision in the playground before School, during break and during lunch time and making sure playground equipment is in order, reporting any maintenance issues to the School Office
- Consistently and effectively implementing agreed behaviour management strategies in line with Behaviour Policy and behaviour norms
- Working as part of a team with the teachers and phase leader assistants
- Maintaining cordial and informative relationships with parents
- Giving feedback on pastoral matters
- Providing support to the children in a broad range of situations both on and off-site – this might include taking part in trips and visits – including residentials, as requested
- Supporting the Head of the Preparatory School as and when requested
- Any other task as reasonably directed by the Leadership team
Requirements and prospects
- Problem solving skills, initiative and flexibility to work independently and collaboratively as part of high performing team
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to deal thoughtfully and effectively with pupils, families and teachers
- Resilience and work ethic to be able to perform under pressure
- Organisational skills any capacity to prioritise tasks in a busy environment
- Genuine passion for education and the thriving of young people
- Ability to be able to work alone, unsupervised with proven initiative and to be part of a busy, focussed team
- To be resilient and able to work under pressure
- To be able to prioritise tasks
- Have excellent rapport
- Ability to plan ahead and have proven skills in anticipating requirements
- Demonstrate a willingness to take on new projects and manage existing ones
- Present themselves and their work in a smart and professional manner
- Demonstrate a reasonable level of technical expertise including in ICT and a desire to learn new skills
- Be prepared to work as part of the wider team as and when required by the workload
- Willingness to work during the holidays as previously agreed and separately remunerated
5 GCSEs, including maths and English, grade C/4 or), or equivalent level 2 qualification.
First Aid Certificate – or willingness to work towards
This is a fixed term contract - A full time role cannot be guaranteed at the end of the apprenticeship, however on successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be encouraged to apply if there is a role available at the time.
Things to consider
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities:
Let Me Play, LMP Education and Sporting Education are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers.
Safeguarding students and young people:
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys’ School is a large independent day school for boys aged 5-18. The institution owes its name to Robert Aske, a merchant and member of the Haberdashers’ Company, whose will bequeathed an endowment for the maintenance of retired members of his profession and for the education of their children. The School started life in Hoxton, then in the late 19th century moved to West Hampstead, where it remained until 1961. Dr Tom Taylor, the then Headmaster, masterminded both its move to Elstree and its elevation into the front rank of independent day schools.
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
kerry martin 07305362529 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard.
Functional skills in English and maths if required.
This training programme focuses on developing classroom delivery and work within schools.
The qualification aims to grow your existing skillset in the following key areas:
- Increased mastery of the critical stages of child and adolescent development
- Enhance understanding of the types of influences that can affect this development
- Become fully adept in supporting teachers with the planning of activities, as well as creating own activity plans
- Evaluation of personal performance in relation to supporting literacy, numeracy, and ICT
- Amplify knowledge of safeguarding, and emergency procedures
- Understand legislation with regard to confidentiality, data protection, and information sharing
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.