Apprentice Nursery Assistant Karen Parsons
To work effectively as part of the nursery team, providing a stimulating and caring environment for all children. To support team members in providing a high standard of care and education.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
11 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To work a part of a team in planning and preparation of, and to participate in, a range of activities that support the development of each child's physical, intellectual and emotional needs in line with the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- To ensure that at all times the safety and wellbeing of the children in the care of Forget-me-not Nursery and confidentiality
- To implement activities which encourage linguistic and social interaction between the children and their carers
- To be a keyworker for a group of children by observing, monitoring and recording each individuals development. To support the implementation and evaluation of children's planning and progress
- To participate in parent evenings / open days as required training and staff meetings.
- To communicate with parents, carers about the day-to-day needs of the children by fostering parental involvement and encouraging positive parenting skills.
- To promote the philosophy of 'learning through play'.
- To help children acquire self-help skills including dressing, feeding, toilet training and awareness of personal hygiene
- To participate in regular supervisions and appraisal sessions, setting targets, identifying training needs and reviewing their personal performance
- To help ensure that the nursery meets safety and hygiene requirements and to report any issues to a senior member of staff
- To read, understand and comply with the nursery's Child Protection Policy, Health and Safety, Confidentiality Procedures and other Nursery Policies
- To keep up to date with developments in childcare and parent education through regular training as appropriate
- To maintain their key children's profiles in accordance to the EYFS, and to support others with completion of such documents
- To ensure that everyone is treated as individuals with respect and full consideration, in line with the Nursery Equal Opportunity Policy
- To complete such domestic duties i.e. preparing snacks and lunches once trained or cleaning the nursery/equipment in accordance to the cleaning charts
- To ensure that you dress appropriately in accordance to your role, no mobile phones whilst on duty, and the no smoking policy and good personal hygiene
Requirements and prospects
- Implement high health and safety standards
- Ability to promote a stimulating, caring and safe environment for children
- Able to establish positive relationships with children
- Ability to follow instructions and work on own initiative as necessary
- Communicate effectively with parents, carers and other professionals
- Keep accurate records
GCSE grade C or higher in Maths and English or equivalent.
About the employer
Training will be provided by Training Associates, providing the successful apprentice with an NVQ level 2 in Childcare.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Training Associates (Surrey)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Associates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017