Apprentice Hairdressing Technician Curl Up & Dye
We have an apprentice opportunity at our salon based in Chatteris. This position will suit either a new apprentice looking to start their career, or ideally for a candidate looking to complete their Level 2 Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
22 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Salon responsibilities will include:
- Greeting clients as the arrive
- Dealing with payments and appointment bookings
- Shampooing, draping and brushing out a client's hair before the cut or style
- Preparing colour treatments
- Supplying refreshments to clients
- Maintaining the presentation of the salon at all times
- Cutting clients hair with close mentoring support and training provided
Requirements and prospects
- Passionate for great customer service
- Good timekeeping
- Has a creative flair and passionate to learn the hairdressing profession
- You will be able to work as part of a small and successful team.
- Is presentable in appearance
- Is trustworthy
Minimum grade 3 or D GCSE’s or equivalent in English & Maths.
This Apprenticeship (at Level 2) could lead to a permanent Hairdressing Technician role and the chance to continue on to a Level 3.
Things to consider
You will be working in the salon 4 days a week with 1 day a week at Cambridge Regional College.
The hairdressing profession is a creative and rewarding industry and the employer will provide close mentoring support to progress to become qualified. The very nature of the job role as a hairdresser means standing at long periods and good body posture is important. Will be required to work Saturday’s and extended shifts during the week.
The apprentice will be offered a uniform.
The salon is located within Chatteris with access to public transport, although this is a limited service.
About the employer
The Curl Up and Dye team are experienced, fully qualified technicians able to cater for all our clients’ needs. The salon was refurbished back in 2020 and we will provide the close mentoring support and a friendly environment for the successful apprentice to join our team based in Chatteris.
Curl Up & Dye
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
Camilla 01223 418778
You will be undertaking a Level 2 Apprenticeship to become a Hair Professional. Opportunities to progress on to Level 3 for the right candidate.
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English & Maths (exemptions apply)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.