Apprentice Upholsterer REM UK Ltd
REM are offering an exciting opportunity for a student who is looking to start a career in upholstery. This requires a student with a willingness to learn that will strive to achieve high company standards.
Closing date: 20 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 38.50
Possible start date
02 Mar 2022
22 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The main duties of the role :
- Cutting - Cut fabric on CNC machine
- Prepare base systems for chairs, frame assembly, inspection
- Checking of metalwork such as arms, fitting brackets to boards and gluing foam to boards
- Building upholstered parts into finished furniture
- Packing finished chairs into boxes in order to be dispatched to the customer
You will be required to learn each model from simple stools and chairs to gradually progressing onto more complex models.
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to learn within the workplace and classroom
- Willingness to move around different areas and work with different people - including labouring roles where needed
- Well organised and able to keep ontop of busy workload
- Good attention to detail
- Positive attitude towards work
- Good attendance and punctual
- Good communication skills
- Comfortable working both in a team and individually
- GCSE grades C (4) or above required in both maths and English
For the right candidate the opportunity to secure future full time employment
About the employer
Established more than 70 years ago with a Heritage dating back 100 years, REM has established itself as a leading supplier of equipment to the salon, beauty and spa industries. The REM team of professionals create practical stylish products and when required complete salon looks from our design service.
Based in Nelson, Lancashire the company produces in-house all furniture and fittings from reception desks to wash units to motorised beauty couches. Soft furnishings can be supplied with a vast range of material furnishings and can even be bespoke with your brand.
REM has an in-house design facility that works from plans to create the style colour and personality that the modern beauty and hair salon wants.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Burnley College
Nathan Hodge 01282 733221 firstname.lastname@example.org
Full on the job training to be provided as well as being fully supported through gaining a level 2 qualification.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.