Apprentice Community Care Workers GEMINI EXCLUSIVE CARE LIMITED
Now recruiting in Mansfield, Ladybrook, Rainworth, Blidworth, Mansfield Woodhouse, Bilsthorpe, Worksop, Ollerton and Retford for walking and driving rounds. A fantastic opportunity not to be missed.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
07 Oct 2021
21 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To assist service users with all personal care needs including undressing, washing, bathing and toileting needs
- To assist with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence and help in use and care of aids and personal equipment
- To encourage the promotion of mental and physical wellbeing.
- To make and change beds and carry out domestic tasks when required
- To read and write reports and take part in staff and client meetings and in training activities as directed
- To comply with the organisations policies and procedures at all times which include care plans and medication needs
- To report to the registered manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a client
- To encourage service users to remain as independent as possible
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Some previous experience/learning would be an advantage
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Genuine, caring and compassionate
- GCSE Grades A* - C (9-4) or equivalent are essential, specifically maths and English
- Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your Specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
Gemini Exclusive Care’s mission is simple – it is to provide personalised support within their clients own homes. Their client’s satisfaction is their number one goal. They offer a wide range of services to their clients to help make life easier, these include personal care, domestic services, shopping, meal preparation, medication and sitting services.
They were founded in 2011 and over the past 10 years have grown their reputation through the high levels of care and support their clients receive. Due to high demand for their services they now have a waiting list of families who would like Gemini to care for their relative, this means that they are in a good position to support apprentices within their business.
There are roles for both care workers who can drive and also have rounds that are suitable for walkers. They are especially looking for apprentices in the following areas; Mansfield and surrounding areas including Ladybrook and Mansfield Woodhouse, Sutton in Ashfield, Rainworth and Blidworth, Bilsthorpe, Worksop, Ollerton and Retford and the surrounding villages (you will need to be a driver to apply for these last three areas)
Gemini has a friendly team and are able to be flexible with the hours you work and are open to developing apprentices at level 2 and 3, they will also offer ongoing training up to level 5.
Uniforms and personal protection equipment (masks, gloves etc) are provided free of charge and mileage is paid at 35p per mile.
As you will be delivering medication as part of your role, you must be over 18 to apply (or turn 18 within the next 3 months)
GEMINI EXCLUSIVE CARE LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Laura Brown 01623 627 191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Care Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms
- An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice
- As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition
- Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice
- Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.