L3 Dental Nurse Apprentice New Road Dental Practice
Fantastic opportunity to train as a Dental Nurse. No previous experience or qualifications are required, as full training will be provided. Training will take place on site, alongside a weekly afternoon class located in Birmingham. Working in a busy dental practice you will learn and earn at the same time to become fully qualified.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
21 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Working towards a standard in Dental Nursing for a dental practitioner, the ideal candidate must have an interest in a career in Dental Nursing.
The role includes:
- Working alongside the dentist taking instruction from them and responding in an appropriate manner
- Maintaining good infection control procedures and adhering to policies and protocols
- Ensuring cleanliness of surgery, equipment and instruments used and carrying out general housekeeping duties
- Dictate information from dentist and recording patient information correctly
- Arrange appointments, answering calls and inputting data on the computer
- Assist with administration tasks and ensure records are kept up to date and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Good communication skills and customer service awareness is needed to maintain a high level of service within the dental practice
- Dental Nurses interact daily with patients and therefore you must be able to make patients feel welcome and offer reassurance to anxious patients endeavouring to make their experience as comfortable as possible
Requirements and prospects
- Must demonstrate good communication and organisational skills
- Work to a high level of accuracy and show attention to detail
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Hardworking and able to work quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining a professional manner at all times
- Friendly manner and be able to reassure others with a professional manner
- Maintain a positive attitude
Ideally you will hold GCSE (or equivalent) Grades A*-C in English and maths (9-4).
Once qualified you can register as a dental nurse with the General Dental Council. Progression routes are available and you can study further in dental related qualifications at Level 4.
- Oral Health Practitioner
Things to consider
- Requires Hep B inoculation and DBS.
- Very busy and fast pace.
- Being exposed to bodily fluids - blood, saliva and vomit.
About the employer
We combine outstanding patient care and the latest techniques to create the ultimate in dental experiences for our patients, promoting the important link of how your teeth may affect your health and your health may affect your teeth.
Our Dentists in Bromsgrove have a particular interest in transforming worn, tired teeth into bright, beautiful smiles. Whether you are seeking a subtle enhancement or a full smile makeover, we are the dental practice for you.
Our resident professional experts in Bromsgrove are here to help you. We will give expert informed advice and aim to give you as much support as you require. We dedicate ourselves to creating a happy lasting journey with all our clients. It is our intention that you feel comfortable and relaxed with us and enjoy your time at New Road Dental Practice.
We also welcome new patients, priding ourselves on our excellent customer service and professional approach to health care. We offer the latest techniques using high quality materials under stringent cross-infection control.
Our aim is to protect and maintain your natural teeth through high quality dentistry, accurate and comprehensive diagnosis and highly proficient technical skills in a comfortable environment.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Emma Worth 01922 688638 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
There will be 6 - 10 sessions that will require college attendance at our Walsall Campus or Birmingham satellite centre, during the 18 months training period.
Full-time apprentices will typically spend 15 months on-programme (before the gateway) working towards the occupational standard, with a minimum of 20% off the-job training. As this vacancy is not a full-time apprenticeship the duration has been extended.
The purpose of the End-Point Assessment (EPA) is to test that an apprentice is fully capable of doing their job before they receive their apprenticeship certificate. It also helps to demonstrate that what an apprentice has learned can be applied in the real world.
The focus is now on the outcome of an apprenticeship and apprentices have to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and behaviours that employers have identified they need.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.