Service Charge Accountant Apprentice GROUND SOLUTIONS UK LIMITED
Based in our office in Swadlincote, you will work closely with our accounts team to offer support in all aspects of accountancy, administrative tasks, and day to day routines. You will work towards a Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
22 Sep 2021
21 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Key responsibilities/ you will learn to:
- Assist in the daily banking process
- Process invoices and payments
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports
- Prepare service charge accounts for management companies
- Maintain accounting records using MRI Qube software
- Set up new units and properties on the system
- Liaise with customers and answer queries
You must have a genuine interest in accounting and be confident that you can progress in this field.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word & Excel
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Friendly and able to work as part of a small team
- Diligent and thorough
- Proactive and able to overcome challenges
- Professional approach and manner
- Reliable and trustworthy
Embrace changing priorities and be flexible in maintaining high standards in a changing environment. They will demonstrate high levels of customer service and have good attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines.
You will be expected to have achieved 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English, IT would be desirable.
As well as ensuring full competency as an Assistant Accountant, this standard provides the foundation for progression into a number of career paths in the accounting sector.
Things to consider
Working as part of a team you must be an effective communicator, a positive and friendly person, and have the ability to get on with others.
This will involve a lot of computer-based work and you will need to learn how to use our Qube internal software.
You may be required to answer phone calls, so a confident and professional phone manner is necessary.
About the employer
Ground Solutions UK Ltd is a growing family-run company consisting of friendly and approachable teams including accounts, property managers, a grounds maintenance division, and cleaners.
We are Property Managing Agents managing mainly residential blocks of apartments/houses, areas of open space and some commercial developments. The management can include cleaning, grounds work and landscaping, organising insurances etc.
Our ethos is to deliver a first-class customer service and to ensure properties are maintained to a standard we would be happy to live in ourselves.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derby College
Sarah Poyser firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.