Dental Nurse Apprentice SM DENTAL CARE LIMITED
An excellent opportunity working for an established dental practice based in Heath Hayes, Cannock. You will work in a busy practice dealing with all aspects of oral health and hygiene. You will work under the care and guidance of experienced dentists with a friendly support team.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
21 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The Apprentice will play an important team role in the day-to-day planning, organisation and smooth running of the practice.
Duties to include:
- Assisting the dentist at chair-side
- Reception duties
- Decontamination duties
- Offering assistance to clients
- Clinical and general cleaning within the practice
Requirements and prospects
- Candidates need to have excellent IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Confidence and professionalism
- Dealing with patients in a calm manner
- Flexibility and punctuality are essential for this post
- Experience would be an advantage but is not essential
- Ability to drive would be desireable
- Candidates must have a good attitude to work, with a presentable appearance
- The candidate must also have a caring, conscientious personality and be outgoing with an ambition to do well in dental nursing
- Essential skills in teamwork required
- A*-C/4 or above in GCSE maths and English or equivalent qualifications are essential
To be decided upon completion of training.
Candidates will be reqired to travel between two practices in Cannock, therefore the ability to drive would be desirable.
Things to consider
Successful candidates will be expected to be willing to keep up to date with inoculations such as Hepatitis B, Tuberculosis and normal childhood vaccinations.
You will need to attend half day weekly workshops at one of our PTP Training Centres.
About the employer
We aim to provide you with state-of-the-art dentistry in a friendly and comfortable environment. Our highly qualified and experienced dentists will focus on the whole care of your mouth – healthy gums, fresh breath and beautiful white teeth. As a practice, we are dedicated to preventative dentistry. We make sure you stay informed about your oral health and the ways to protect it. Our preventative services aim to identify and resolve existing issues before they worsen, and to prevent potential problems. We provide information and support when it comes to keeping your mouth healthy. We inform our patients about the risks associated with taking their oral health for granted and the things they can do to avoid those consequences.
Performance Through People
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Performance Through People
The Apprenticeship Works 01922 651100 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills if required
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.