Customer Service/Admin Apprentice HALL-FAST INDUSTRIAL SUPPLIES LIMITED
Vision Business is proud to be working with Hall-Fast, a fast growing, award winning business that is going from strength to strength and is now ready to support an apprentice through their Customer Service Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 38.75
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
21 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Answering customer and potential customer enquiries by phone, email and through webchat
- Contacting customers regarding changes to orders, delivery dates etc
- Processing stock returns and issuing refunds
- Develop an understanding of stick inventory information to liaise with customers and set expectations with regards to availability and delivery dates
- Ensuring product details are entered fully and accurately onto the website
- General website maintenance including pricing maintenance
- Be proactive and helpful, assisting colleagues with tasks
- Assisting in our busy warehouse processing goods in and out at busy times
- Administrative support, maintaining filing systems and managing outgoing post
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Confident communicator by phone and email
- Keen to learn
- Hard Working
- Good IT competency in Microsoft Office packages.
- Well organised
GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 4
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
• Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted.
• All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance.
• Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer.
• From 1st April 2021 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
• You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave.
• This is a weekly/monthly paid post.
• You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work.
• You must work with your Specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability.
• You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
• You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding.
• Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled.
About the employer
Hall-Fast was founded in 2006 and over the past 15 years it has become one of Nottinghamshire’s fastest growing companies and one of the most successful in its sector. This growth has been achieved through hard work, team effort and ensuring that good customer service is at heart of everything they do.
They are suppliers of industrial supplies and partner with some of the biggest brands around including 3M, CAT, Snicker’s Workwear, DeWalt and Dr. Martens. They understand their customers business needs and deliver the products they need at excellent value for money because of this commitment they have over 45 million stocked items with represent 200,000 standard product lines but if a customer is looking for something they don’t stock, their promise is that they will find it!
To ensure they meet the demands of their customers they have to ensure a service that is efficient, simple, fast and accurate. They are 5 start rated by their customers and have won a succession of business awards that recognise their achievement in a competitive field of business.
Hall-Fast are now in a position to support an apprentice within their small, office and warehouse based team. The role will be varied and will include you working in both the office and warehouse. Your role will be spread across both areas and will include speaking to customers via email, over the phone and via their website chat facility. You will process orders and provide administrative support including database entry work and also pick and pack the orders ready for dispatch. This role will require you to have excellent attention to detail, the ability to listen well and respond effectively.
You will be trained in all areas of your work and will also receive regular visits from your West Notts College Specialist to support you in completing a level 2 apprenticeship in Customer Service. All you learning will take place within your workplace with no need for college attendance.
The team at Hall-Fast is small and hardworking, you will need to be able to put your training into practice and have great attention to detail to be successful in this role but there are good progression opportunities for hard working and dedicated team members.
During your apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of this thriving business including maintaining the website, warehouse work and general administration.
HALL-FAST INDUSTRIAL SUPPLIES LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Laura Brown 01623 627 191 email@example.com
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.