Apprentice Commis Chef (Level 2) The Bank Tavern
The Bank Tavern is looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and confident applicant to join our friendly team as an Apprentice Commis Chef. You will be joining an exciting and growing business where all of our employees play a crucial part in delivering an exceptional level of service and quality dishes to our customers.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
29 Sep 2021
20 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The Bank Tavern is looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and confident apprentice to join our friendly team.
The Bank Tavern is the winner of Bristol Good Food Award for Sunday Lunch 2018, nestled in the heart of the Old city in the city centre. It offers a unique opportunity for someone passionate about creating good food, to work in a professional kitchen alongside two creative and established chefs using a range of fresh locally sourced ingredients.
The successful applicant will be joining an exciting and growing business where all of our employees play a crucial part in delivering exceptional customer service. Our chosen apprentice will have the opportunity to learn from our experienced team. Every member of staff needs to work well in a fast-paced environment and work well as part of a team.
Tasks will be varied, but will include the following key tasks:
- Food preparation prior to service
- Preparing basic food dishes
- Contributing ideas to the menu
- Working as part of a team
- Adhering to health and safety standards and ensuring cleanliness at all times
- Assisting the Chefs as required
- Taking a professional approach and having pride in the food produced
The right candidate will gain varied experience of working with:
- pasta and egg-based dishes,
- desserts, cakes and biscuits,
- bread and dough products.
Requirements and prospects
- A passion for good food & willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Clean work ethic
- Flexibility for working hours and an enthusiasm to succeed
- A desire to learn from an experienced team
Applicants for this role should have GCSEs (or equivalent) in the A*-D/9-3 range.
- Possibly securing a full-time position upon completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
- This apprenticeship will involve weekend working
About the employer
Tucked away from the hustle & bustle of the city centre, The Bank Tavern has stood since the 1800’s. Surviving an alarming number of riots, two world wars, Bristol City Council town planners and Thatcher.
An independent free house, it prides itself on an award-winning ales and ciders, excellent food and not taking itself too seriously.
Recently crowned the home of Bristol's best Sunday Lunch at the Bristol Good Food Awards 2018!
With music on throughout the week and an ever-rotating selection of ales & ciders its always worth a visit. Check out our Kitchen and Listings pages!
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weston College
Charlotte Denning 01934411594 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intermediate qualification in Commis Chef (Level 2)
- Full on the job training and support from your team
- Monthly visits from your College Assessor
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) workbook
- Functional skills in maths, English and ICT - if applicable and depending on your prior attainments
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.