Apprentice Business Administrator Westbrook Medical Centre
Westbrook Medical Centre are looking for an Apprentice Business Administrator to join their team. You will work towards a Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
18 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with patients on the phone and face to face
- Dealing with patient queries
- Dealing with queries from outside agencies e.g. hospitals
- Updating patient records, scanning, and filing letters
- Generating repeat prescriptions
- Managing tasks from clinicians
- Other administrative tasks
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the Practice
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Using your own judgment and communication skills ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner
- Explain Practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed
- Ensure that all new patients have completed necessary paperwork and administrative staff have been notified before any appointments can be made
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery
- Enter requests for home visits onto the clinical system and into the visit book, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and where necessary refer to Duty Doctor
- Action repeat prescription requests and ensure that they are ready for collection by the patient within 48 hours, either on the computer or manually
- Carry out all necessary administrative duties required of your job role, actioning all referrals, and entering relevant information on to patient records
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private (non-General Medical Services) services, accept payment and issue receipts for same
- Enter patient information on to the computer as required
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service skills
- Good computer skills
- Adaptable to every day being different
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Potential for a full-time position upon completion.
Things to consider
Very demanding job in a busy GP surgery, every day is different in primary care.
About the employer
Westbrook Medical Centre is a busy surgery providing a vital service for local people.
Warrington and Vale Royal College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Warrington Collegiate Institute
Pamela Clegg 01925494348 email@example.com
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.