Business Administration Apprentice Baldwin & Robinson Law Llp
Baldwin & Robinson Law is a thriving legal practice based in Oxted, Surrey and we are looking for a vibrant administrator to join / support our team of competent professionals.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
18 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for us to take on an Office Apprentice within our conveyancing and commercial departments, reporting to the Finance Director. The role is perfect for those interested in a career within a law firm and would suit someone who is keen to learn, personable, adaptable and organised.
Main duties / responsibilities will include:
- Answering telephones, sorting mail/filling and completing basic office duties
- Shadowing and learning from other administrators and assistants within the business
You will receive training to enable you to support the daily ad-hoc administrative needs of the business, which may include:
- Typing of letters, memoranda, monthly reports, bills, file notes, etc.
- Taking of messages
- Diary Management
- Keep information confidential
- Handling expense claims
- Filing and archiving
- Stationary orders
- Processing of External Post
- Receiving and sorting incoming mail (including email)
- Updating and maintaining data records and electronic systems
- Working as part of a team to ensure that effective secretarial cover is maintained
- Ensuring compliance with quality standards and the firm’s policies
- Taking minutes of meetings and replying to voicemail
- Correspondence on routine matters
- Organising travel arrangements and any other ad hoc duties as and when required
Requirements and prospects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of data entry and record keeping
- Willing to multi-task and take on a range of duties
- A pro-active, “can do” attitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Has good organisational and time management skills
- Capable of learning new procedures and processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft office and outlook
- Mature attitude and approach
- Has good attention to detail
- Has a desire to work in the IT industry
- Team player
- Someone with a professional outlook
- Willing to learn
- Ability to take instructions
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grades A*-C (9-4) including English and Maths
- Full time employment opportunity and future career development is on offer as reward for the right candidate
Things to consider
This is a fast-tracked, advanced Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship, some self-study in the workplace will be required.
Safeguarding, Prevent and Equal Opportunities:
Let Me Play, LMP Education and Sporting Education are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers.
About the employer
Baldwin & Robinson Law is a busy, local firm based in the centre of Oxted, serving a broad range of private and business clients in Surrey. Our clients are at the very heart of everything we do, and our aims are simple – to provide the very best legal service, on time and on budget, in a friendly and approachable way.
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Kevin Lowe 07984962865 email@example.com
Business Administrator standard (Level 3).
The qualification aims to grow your existing skillset in the following key areas:
- Business Support Services
- Project Management
- Supporting the organisation of events
- Customer Service
- Developing IT skills
- Telephone skills
- Managing information and data
- Marketing support
- Functional skills if needed
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.