Apprentice Wood Manufacturing Operatives INTEGRATED DOORSET SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Are you 18 plus and looking for a career with excellent opportunities for progression. If you are keen to work in a wood manufacturing role with ongoing training and support, this role is for you.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Apr 2022
18 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Prepare a range of machinery, tools and equipment for the manufacturing process
- Operate a range of machinery, tools and equipment to produce wood components and products to specification using a variety of raw materials
- Identify defects with materials and machinery before and during the manufacturing process
- Prepare wood components for the assembly process including sanding, positioning and securing
- Use a range of fixing techniques including joint assembly, installing mechanical fixings and applying appropriate adhesives to form products to the given specification
- Apply stains, sealers and paints to wood products to comply with the specified product finish requirements
- Install appropriate fixtures, fittings and glazing in accordance with the product specification, for example installing glass to a window or door
- Undertake glazing operations in accordance with the product specification
- Assess for post manufacture and assembly product defects and undertake appropriate rectification work
- Package and store products in accordance with organisational procedures
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Good numeracy skills.
- Good level of relevant training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good IT competency in Microsoft Office packages.
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 4
- Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted.
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance.
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer.
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave.
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post.
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work.
- You must work with your Specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability.
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding.
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled.
About the employer
Integrated Doorset Solutions Ltd is a large employer with two sites in Mansfield. They are a single source supplier of performance doorsets and architectural ironmongery solutions to the health, education, commercial, leisure, office and high-end residential markets.
Due to a recent £8 million investment across both of its sites and the growth plans for the business they are now in a position to support four apprentices within their busy manufacturing department at Forest Town. As this role is factory based and using machinery for insurance purposes you will need to be at least 18 years of age.
As an apprentice you will be work based four days a week and attend college for a further day each week. You will be supported by a workplace mentor who will support you in learning the skills needed to be successful within this role and attend college to develop a sound understanding of the knowledge side of your role.
These roles offer excellent career progression opportunities with this multi-million-pound employer.
INTEGRATED DOORSET SOLUTIONS LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Leoni Nath 01623 627 191 Leoni.Nath@wnc.ac.uk
Wood Product Manufacturing Operative Level 2 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Wood product manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.