Apprentice Nursery Assistant Oak Valley
Oak Valley Day Nursery have a fantastic opportunity for a new Apprentice Nursery Assistant to join them.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
18 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Day to Day:
In this role you could be:
- Assisting in the planning and supervising activities like arts and crafts, music and cooking
- Helping children to learn numeracy and language skills through games
- Taking children on outings
- Feeding and changing babies
- Observing children and making notes to write reports
- Making sure children are safe and well
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Thinking and reasoning skills
- Candidates should be keen to work with children, have excellent language skill and a willingness to learn
- Sensitivity and understanding
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- The ability to work well with others
- To be flexible and open to change
- The ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- Being able to use a computer terminal or hand-held device may be beneficial for this job
4/C above or equivalent in Maths & English
Opportunity to move in to full time role upon completion of apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Long time on active
- Need to work indoors and outdoors
- Noise levels
- Regular cleaning activities in relation to children’s activities
About the employer
Oak Valley Day Nursery offers children a spacious and versatile play and learning environment where their early years skills can develop, under the watchful eye of caring and well-qualified staff. They have the benefits of 2 all-weather play surfaces in our purpose designed setting.
They offer flexible childcare for parents and have excellent ties with local schools and are registered with Ofsted.
Oak Valley provides an excellent start for your child on their exciting learning journey, through a committed and qualified team, as part of the Early Years Care & Education group of nurseries.
SHEFFIELD CITY COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lifelong Learning and Skills Service
Sophie Mazzola 01142296179 Sophie.Mazzola@Sheffield.gov.uk
Early Years Practitioner to be delivered during apprenticeship
Early Years Practitioner level 2
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.