Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprentice REVIVE! AUTO INNOVATIONS (WEST LINCS) LIMITED
Revive! Auto Innovations (West Lincs) Ltd is offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice SMART Paint/Wheel Technician to join their team in North Hykeham.
Closing date: 21 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
26 Oct 2021
18 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The Apprentice role includes repair, surface preparation and painting vehicle bodywork and repair, surface preparation and painting/diamond cutting and powder coating vehicle wheels. An Apprentice will learn colour identification and selecting the correct materials such as primers, base coats and lacquers applied using spray equipment and utilising other techniques including powder coating and diamond cutting in the refinishing of vehicles whilst ensuring a safe environment and always working efficiently.
The comprehensive development programme provides apprentices with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications, while in full-time employment with excellent training at Nottingham College and superb future career prospects.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside the current staff to complete cosmetic repairs on customer vehicles
- Preparation of surfaces for repair
- Involvement in drying and curing techniques used in the refinishing of vehicles
- Using techniques to match colours of vehicles and make colour changes
- Health & Safety and compliance requirements of a cosmetic vehicle repair business, such as control of substances
- Identifying and operating the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the processes e.g. mixing systems, paint booths, UV lamps, spray, powder coating and diamond cutting equipment
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
The ideal candidate will have:
- A driving licence
- Good communication skills
- Interest in motor vehicles
- An enthusiasm to learn
- Attention to detail
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to use own initiative
- A team player
- 4 GCSEs at grade A*-C / 9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English. Science and ICT are desirable
- Upon successful completion and review of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain employment with Revive! West Lincs
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Revive! West Lincs Ltd offers a base at North Hykeham alongside mobile services for vehicle cosmetic bodywork and wheel repairs.
Revive! West Lincs accredited technicians work out of specially adapted vans using the most advanced and innovative products to produce a quality repair at a fraction of the price of a traditional bodyshop alongside a Rapid Repair Centre at North Hykeham completing powder coating, diamond cutting.
REVIVE! AUTO INNOVATIONS (WEST LINCS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Accident Repair Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if required) Regular review and welfare visits from our assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
Accident repair technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.