Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship THREE TREES FARM LLP
We are looking for an enthusiastic Apprentice Commis Chef to join the kitchen team at our award winning farm shop and café. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start their career in catering. As well as working in the kitchen, you will have the opportunity to spend some time learning from our expert butchers and our cake baker.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
16 Aug 2021
18 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will be working towards your Commis Chef apprenticeship standard by working alongside a highly skilled team of chefs assisting in a range of duties.
- Food preparation including basic knife skills
- Input in menu choices - being creative and getting involved in the business aspects- costings etc.
- Working alongside trained chefs to gain cooking skills and knowledge
- Making sure the kitchen is clean, tidy and free of hazards
- Plating up meals in a presentable and creative manner in line with menu specifications
- Getting food out to customers in a timely manner
- Using fresh locally sourced ingredients
- This is a great opportunity to work with an established company with excellent training and support with good progression routes all the way up to head chef for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- The ability to multi-task and take instruction
- Organised, clean and tidy
- Good personal presentation in line with current food safety standards
- Own transport due to rural location
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Physically fit
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to work within a team
- Creative and driven
- Willingness to improve and progress in this fast paced environment
GCSE maths and English A-D or 9-4 or equivalent qualifications.
Full time employment if business situation allows
Things to consider
- Please note that we are in a rural position between Swindon and Marlborough, where public transport links are very limited and often do not fit with start and finish times.
- You will also need to travel into Swindon one day per week.
New College Swindon
- You will need to complete pre-screening paperwork and have a chat with New College Swindon to discuss any experience, interest in the apprenticeship and how it is delivered
- You will need to complete initial assessments in maths and English
- By submitting your application, you confirm that you are happy for New College Swindon to share your information with the employer as part of the application process
About the employer
Welcome to Three Trees Farm Shop & Cafe. We pride ourselves on providing high quality produce to our customers with minimum food miles and great taste.
The shop is stocked with quality, local products ranging from fresh fruit and vegetables, to chutneys and jams. We have an on site butchery selling our own and locally sourced meat, expertly prepared by our experienced butchers.
Our cafe serves a wonderful selection of cakes, cooked breakfasts and light lunches. We are ideally situated for travellers wishing to break their journey on the M4 motorway, and have access to off road, countryside walks.
NEW COLLEGE SWINDON
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Kirsty Bain 01793 209536 firstname.lastname@example.org
Commis chef level 2.
What is delivered?
- Food safety
- People Business
- Preparation and cooking across a range of food groups and techniques
How is it delivered?
- Employer lead on the job training
- Practical and Theory based sessions on a day release to college Formative observations
- Record of achievement demonstrating the minimum criteria is met.
- If required maths and English functional skills will also be delivered at college alongside your apprenticeship.
End Point Assessment (EPA)
- On demand Test
- Practical Observation
- Culinary Challenge observation and a Professional discussion.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.