Apprentice Teaching Assistant The Thomas Cowley High School
Join the friendly and welcoming team at The Thomas Cowley High School and train as a Level 3 Teaching Assistant, supporting our students across all year groups and subjects, working as part of the SEND Team.
Closing date: today
£170.94 to £329.67
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
07 Oct 2021
18 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
During this apprenticeship you will develop your skills to be able to assist teachers to ensure our pupils individual needs are met.
Duties to include:
- Setting up the classroom and activities in readiness for the lesson
- Assist with lesson planning
- Undertake 1-1 and small group intervention sessions
- Monitor progress and achievement
- Report any problems
- Support pupils in respect of local and national learning strategies e.g. literacy, numeracy, GCSEs and BTECS
- Encourage pupils to work independently
- Work closely with the class teacher to ensure pupil targets etc are adhered to
- Support pupils in extra curricula activities i.e. physical education/work experience etc.
- Provide clerical/admin support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing
- Other duties in line with the position and responsibilities
- To attend Boston College half a day per week during term time
- To ensure all coursework and observations are on schedule
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with both pupils and colleagues
- Excellent literacy/numeracy and IT skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- An empathy with pupils and their needs
- A mature outlook
- Flexible and able to prioritise work
- The entry qualifications for the Level 3 (Advanced) Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship are five GCSEs, or equivalents, at grades 4 or above (Old GCSE grade C or above), including English and maths or equivalent.
You could progress on to a career as a Teaching Assistant, Cover Supervisor or Higher Level Teaching Assistant.
Progression onto a Foundation degree such as Learning Support / SEND. Leading to Full degree e.g. BA Hons, Graduate Teacher Programme, Post Graduate Certificate in Education.
Things to consider
- You must become aware and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety and security, confidentiality and data protection
- You will be expected to attend relevant meetings when required
- There may be additional training specific to your role offered
- The post is subject to a full DBS check and suitable references
- You will be required to study and complete coursework
- You will be required to attend college for half a day per week
- This vacancy may close sooner than the advertised date due to a high volume of applicants so early applications are encouraged to avoid disappointment.
- Please be sure to state all of your qualifications including any predicted grades.
About the employer
The Thomas Cowley High School is a welcoming School where everyone is valued highly and where tolerance, honesty, co-operation and mutual respect for others are fostered. We are committed to the development of the whole person within a supportive, secure and creative environment. A broad, balanced and appropriate curriculum provides equal opportunity for all students to maximise their potential regardless of age, sex, race, colour, religion or disability. We endeavour to promote positive relationships with parents, governors and members of the wider community.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Boston College
The Apprenticeship Team 01205 313238 firstname.lastname@example.org
This qualification provides learners with an in depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school and college environments.
You will cover all aspects of specialist support, including planning, delivering and reviewing assessment strategies to support learning alongside the teacher. Bilingual support; additional needs support, personal development and reflective practice.
You will attend college for half a day per week, during this time you will attend workshops delivered by industry trained staff which will enable you to carry out the written work to complete your qualification and you will be supported to reach the pathway to end point assessment to achieve the standard.
You will be assessed through a range of methods including, observations, written assignments, product evidence, reflections and a professional discussion.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.