Apprentice Vehicle Damage Paint Technician (Commercial Vehicle Bodywork) A G Bracey Paint Division Ltd
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic person to start their career within the automotive industry as an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Paint Technician, you will work as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality. The successful candidate can expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Oct 2021
18 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We currently have an opening for an Apprentice Vehicle Paint Sprayer / Technician, Commercial Vehicle Bodywork. The role is demanding as the successful applicant will be working on a range of vehicles while learning their trade to a nationally recognised standard.
Modern paints preparation and refinishing techniques are becoming increasingly complex and it is essential that today's paint technicians are fully conversant with the most recent technology.
Tasks the successful candidate can be expected to carry out:
- Repair of minor scratches and dents on Commercial Vehicle Bodywork
- Preparation of new and repaired panels for refinishing
- Preparing vehicle surfaces for masking and priming
- Paint refinishing techniques paint detailing
- Paint detailing and buffing
- Polishing the paintwork of the panel to a suitable finish
This is an exciting opening for an opportunity to earn while you learn gaining a nationally recognised qualification and a future career.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication & listening skills
- Problem solver and have attention to detail
- Good practical skills
- Be safety conscious
- Be patient & well organised
- The ability to work as part of a team, supporting a number of colleagues
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Good time keeping and willing to learn
- Team player/working with others
- Motivation for the role/automotive and engineering interest
- Personal responsibility and career ownership
- Proactive approach in maintaining customer standards
- GCSEs, Functional Skills or Key Skills at grade C/4 or above in English and math’s (or equivalent)
- Work experience/prior knowledge is beneficial but not essential
This apprenticeship is the grounding for your future development and there are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our company as we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to all our employees.
Things to consider
The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications.
Applicants should consider the distance required to travel to the employer. Access to transport would be beneficial. For an idea of distance to travel, this link may be of use http://www.traveline.info/
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship.
For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Closing, interview and possible start date for this vacancy are subject to change. Interviews could commence at any time. You should apply immediately to avoid disappointment.
About the employer
Welcome to AG Bracey Ltd, a company of Commercial Vehicle Bodybuilders who take great pride in combining modern designs with traditional values.
You may require a fleet of box vans, a mobile library or a curtainsider – whatever your need we can help deliver a service to include vehicle design, chassis procurement, building and painting of bodywork and finally, application of livery and whole vehicle type approval.
We offer a full accident repair and general refurbishment facility, as well as providing specialist products including Supertrucks glass carrying systems.
A.G. Bracey are founding members of the VBTA and as such all vehicles are supplied with a relevant Whole Vehicle Type Approval certificate ready for instant Vehicle registration, cutting out long waits for IVAs.
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by S&B Automotive Academy Ltd
David Watts 07852344136 email@example.com
S&B Automotive Academy is a specialist automotive apprenticeship training provider located in Bedminster, Bristol. S&B works in partnership with A G Bracey Ltd to deliver the apprenticeship, that concludes an end point assessment.
Training is delivered in the workplace and via six one-week college blocks per year at S&B Automotive Academy. The apprentice will be assigned a workplace mentor and a college mentor who will offer support, advice and guidance by monitoring progress through the use of electronic logbook which both employer and the apprentice will have access to 24/7 365 days a year.
The apprentice will work towards the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
Vehicle damage paint technician
Level 3 (A level)