Engineering Technician Apprentice DFS TRADING LIMITED
We’re looking for an enthusiastic person to join our Manufacturing Engineering team. You’ll be trained and developed through a structured training programme as well as lots of on the job training.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
17 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Be working on shifts alongside current engineers
- Be sourcing, checking and applying documentation such as machine drawings, work instructions and procedures to daily tasks
- Help to carry out necessary checks such as scheduled maintenance, compliance, regulatory or statutory inspections and then fully completing and filing the required paperwork
- Be working safely at all times, complying with health, safety and environmental legislation, regulations and organisational requirements planning and where applicable obtaining all the resources required to undertake the work activity
- Promptly dealing with any engineering issues using approved diagnostic techniques and report anything that cannot be resolved
- Using company systems to report and document work
- Keep work areas clean and tidy
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to learn a new skill and join a thriving business.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent attitude
- Be punctual
- Excellent team working skills
- Basic numeracy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Being able to work within a factory environment
- Being able to work confidently under pressure
- We just want you to be as passionate about our sofas and our customers as we are. We would like you to have a great attitude to learning new skills in DFS
- With our values being Aim High, Think Customer and Be Real, it's important to us that you are able to be your true self when working at DFS, you aim to achieve great things and you always have our customers in your mind
- GCSE Grade 5/C+ in maths, English and Science (or equivalent)
- A levels and previous engineering qualifications advantageous
Progression within the company.
Things to consider
Due to the shift pattern nature of the working schedule applicants will need to be aged 18 or over.
About the employer
DFS is the UK’s leading omni-channel upholstery retailer. Since 1969 we have been manufacturing, selling and distributing high quality sofas to homes in the UK, expanding to the Republic of Ireland, Spain and The Netherlands. We are passionate about putting our customers at the heart of everything and it’s our passionate people that make this possible everyday.
We’re the UK’s biggest furniture manufacturer with over 50 years of furniture making heritage. With our Manufacturing mission to go from being the biggest to the best, we are looking to invest in the next generation of colleagues.
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
James Lund 01332296995 email@example.com
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Level 3 Diploma in Engineering
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.