Level 2 Hairdressing Apprenticeship The Hair Team
An amazing opportunity to get into the hairdressing industry, working alongside a reputable salon and a great college with an exceptional network of support throughout your qualification.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2021
17 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties to include:
- Reception duties and booking appointments
- Meeting and greeting clients on arrival and offering refreshments
- Assisting stylists with all services - shampoo and condition hair, colouring, perming and cutting
- Ensuring the salon is kept clean and tidy at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- People skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Highly motivated
- Outgoing and friendly
- Hard working and honest
- Flexible approach to work
- Smart appearance and high standard of personal hygiene
- Punctual and reliable
3 x GCSE or equivalents at grade 3 and minimum GCSE or equivalents at grade 1 in maths and english.
- Progress onto a level 3 Hairdressing apprenticeship
- Access a range of career opportunities; a career in hairdressing offers many interesting career options which includes working in a spa, hotel, care home, and cruise ship or holiday resort
Things to consider
- Weekend work will be required
- You will be working with heat and sharp tools and will need to be observant in Health and Safety
- You may be asked to work a late shift
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
A great hairdressers based in Clayton that are looking for someone to join their reputable team.
The Hair Team
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Tameside College
Amber Thorpe 0161 909 5706 firstname.lastname@example.org
You will attend Tameside College for 35 weeks for 6 hours per day to complete your training where you will learn in both the classroom. Your apprenticeship consists of several elements.
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals, completion of a work based portfolio that comprises of on-site performance evidence, witness testimonies and photographs
- Functional Skills at level 1 (if you do not have a recent GCSE grade 2 in maths and English you will be required to attend college to complete this)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.