Hairdressing Apprenticeship Salon Blanc
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to work in a contemporary salon in Killingworth.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2021
17 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Shadowing and observing an experienced stylist to get a real taste of the industry and pick up best practice
- To take appointments via telephone and using a computer based booking system if applicable
- Taking customer calls and providing a high standard of customer service
- Responsible for greeting customers in a confident and professional manner
- Engage with customers, provide beverages, magazines and to overall look after customers to ensure an outstanding customer experience
- Ensuring that the salon is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Support staff with inventory and placing orders of stock
- Basic colours and cuts when ready and confident
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work using your own initiative
- Genuine interest in developing a career in the Hairdressing industry
- Enthusiasm towards learning the role
- To be well presented at all times
Maths and English GCSEs A-C/ 4-9 or equivalent.
You will be required to do maths and English Functional Skills if the above grades have not been achieved.
For the right candidate, there may be opportunities for career development within the organisation should a vacancy become available.
Things to consider
- Hairdressers must purchase a college kit and uniform for their day in college
- All must wear flat black shoes with covered toes
About the employer
High fashion, vibrant salon recently re located in Killingworth. The apprentice will be part of a dynamic team, working in a busy salon environment.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gateshead College
Emily Jefferson firstname.lastname@example.org
You will work towards a Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals with Gateshead College and functional skills maths and English, if required.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.