Childcare Apprentice with Yew Tree Nursery ( Level 2 or 3 considered) BRIDGWATER YOUNG MEN'S CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION
Yew Tree Nursery is a friendly day nursery, offering places for children aged 3 months to 5 years. In this Early Years/ Childcare Apprenticeship, you will help to ensure that the setting is a safe environment for children, staff and others. If you love being around children and young people, then this is your chance to earn whilst you train.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
17 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
If you love being around children and young people, then this is your chance to earn whilst you train. Topics you will study include child and young person development, safeguarding the welfare of children and young people, supporting positive behaviour, partnership working in services for children and young people, health and safety, supporting positive environments, child development, practical care, planning and implementing activities, and observation. We are looking for someone who wants to work hard, feel appreciated and enjoy what they do.
We pride ourselves on having, exciting settings with unique learning opportunities for children; as well as friendly, welcoming teams, who support one another.
- To provide opportunities for children to learn through play experiences that are cohesive with our practice and the EYFS, utilising the outdoors as much as possible
- To provide a secure and stimulating environment where children can develop emotionally and intellectually as well as morally, physically, spiritually and socially, at their own pace
- To help maintain the safety, security and wellbeing of the children in our care
- To work positively as part of the team, contributing ideas and listening to feedback, to guide development of our practice and care
Duties and responsibilities:
- Your will be spent ensuring the young people feel safe and secure
- Engaging and guiding play and instigating play
- Ensuring resources are planned and stocked
- Assisting with mealtimes
- Feeding back to parents about the child’s day
- Cleaning and prepping for the next day
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good attendance and punctuality record
- Commitment to providing a high standard of customer care
- Good organisational and administrative skills and the ability to maintain clear and accurate records
- An empathy for and enjoyment of working with children
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Ability to provide emotional and social support whilst promoting learning and respect
- Willingness to learn and accept leadership and mentoring input
- A belief in the value and potential of children and young people as individuals and as a group
- A team player but also able to work on own initiative
- A flexible attitude and willing to adapt to new challenges
- Some IT and social media skills
Applicants for this role should have GCSE's (or equivalent) in the A*-C or Grade 9-4 range in maths and English.
This apprenticeship is designed to develop your workplace skills and knowledge.
Things to consider
Yew Tree Nursery is a subsidiary of Bridgwater YMCA
This apprenticeship could be a level 2 or level 3 depending on your experience and any previous qualifications in the Early Years/ Childcare sector
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and two references
Salary: the hourly rate starts at £4.70 per hour, and will rise to £5.20 per hour after 6 months
About the employer
Yew Trees Nursery is a friendly day nursery, offering places for children aged 3 months to 5 years, we are open from 7.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday throughout the year.
The Nursery is surrounded by fields and open countryside located on a large site in a rural part of Somerset with large outdoor play areas. This gives children limitless possibilities to explore and learn, through a play-based curriculum which focuses upon being outdoors.
Learning to move helps children to develop their muscles and aids strength and co-ordination. It also stimulates their imagination and encourages them to investigate and explore their environment.
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weston College
Donna Kenny 01934 411594 email@example.com
The employer is flexible to considering applicants at either a level 2 or level 3. The level selected will depend on your prior qualifications and experience.
You will be studying towards achieving the Intermediate or Advanced apprenticeship in Children and Young People's Workforce.
This will include;
- Functional skills in maths, English and ICT - if applicable and depending on your prior attainments at GCSE
- Day release college attendance
- Observations to be completed in the workplace to assess competence
- Full training and support from your manager and team
The level 2 and 3 are slightly different, so we will discuss the specific programme that would apply to you.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.