Engineering Technician Toolmaker Apprentice Rittal CSM Ltd
We have an exciting opportunity for anyone wishing to start their career with an Apprenticeship in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. Studying with City College Plymouth, you will be able to earn while you learn - becoming a valued member of our workforce in the process.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
26 Sep 2021
17 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Do you have a strong aptitude for mechanical engineering?
- Do you take a proactive approach to work and learning?
- Do you have the ability to work effectively as part of a fast-moving team?
If you answered yes to the above, then this could be the apprenticeship for you!
The apprenticeship programme has been designed to provide candidates with comprehensive training in mechanical and manufacturing engineering with a bias to tool making to aid the business across a broad spectrum of plant and equipment in a Sheet Metal production facility.
Your day-to-day activities for this role would include:
- Produce jigs/fixtures to drawing tolerances for production
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance activities on coil fed power press tools, jigs and fixtures
- Set and operate a wide range of machinery including wire eroder, spark eroder, CNC mills, lathes, surface grinders
- Fault find problems related to production stoppages
- Take a leading role in continuous improvement projects
- Training by your toolroom mentor
During the apprenticeship, you will also learn:
- Lean manufacturing techniques., 6S, root cause analysis, 4D
- Software used for engineering drawings e.g. AutoCAD
- Selecting engineering materials to the correct application for tools, jigs and fixtures
- Working on automated production lines, Power Presses, CNC punch machines, folding tooling, MIG & TIG Welding, material hardening.
- Workshop safety
This is a full, 4 year Advanced Apprenticeship programme run in conjunction with City College Plymouth.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a fast-moving team
- A proactive approach to work and learning
- Attention to detail
- Highly motivated
Level 2/GCSE in maths, English, Science, ICT, Resistant Materials, Engineering and Manufacturing at grade C/4 or above.
On completion of your training, you will have the opportunity to secure a full time position with the business.
Things to consider
The interview process will include an informal interview and factory tour, a 2-day work experience trial, aptitude testing in maths, English and Engineering run by City College Plymouth and a formal final interview.
The starting rate is £6.54 per hour with incremental rises on completion of the various apprenticeship training stages.
Rittal-CSM Ltd hold the prestigious Investors in People Silver award and are committed to the training and development of all their staff. As such this is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to build a long term career with a Global Company. Many of our apprentices have gone on the gain Foundation Degree and Degree level qualifications and hold senior positions within the Rittal organisation.
Other benefits include, 25 day’s holiday + Bank Holidays, free parking, free staff uniform, subsidised staff restaurant and contributory pension scheme matched by the Company up to 5%.
About the employer
Rittal is the world’s largest manufacturer of enclosures for the electrical, electronic and IT markets.
With dedicated, highly motivated and skilled staff the Company has achieved market dominance through a commitment to providing its customers with excellence in every respect.
Rittal-CSM Ltd hold the prestigious Investors in People Silver award and are committed to the training and development of all their staff. As such this is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to build a long-term career with a Global Company.
CITY COLLEGE PLYMOUTH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Plymouth
This is a Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship programme run in conjunction with City College Plymouth involving:
- A 4 year apprenticeship, the first year full time at College, the remaining years 1 day per week at College, the remainder at Rittal
- Work-based learning and training
- Extensive on-the-job training with one of our experienced staff
For this apprenticeship and role you will follow the toolmaker pathway.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.