Apprentice Groom/Stable Hand Rawreth Equestrian Centre
We have a vacancy arisen for an Apprentice Groom/Stable Hand. Duties to include: • Assisting with horse handling, leading, grooming, tacking up • Mucking out / poo picking • Leading / assisting during lessons • Assisting with feeding • Routine care of horses.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Oct 2021
17 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We have a vacancy arisen for an Apprentice Groom/Stable Hand.
Duties to include:
- Assisting with horse handling, leading, grooming, tacking up
- Mucking out / poo picking
- Leading / assisting during lessons
- Assisting with feeding
- Routine care of horses
Requirements and prospects
- Good Listening skills
- Able to follow instructions given
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Keen to learn
- Positive Outlook
All applicants must hold a minimum of Level 1 in Maths and English (GCSE Grade 2/E or equivalent qualifications) and be prepared to upskill to a Level 2 if required.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT DETAILS OF THEIR CURRENT MATHS AND ENGLISH QUALIFICATIONS WITH THEIR APPLICATION.
- Training provided for all aspects of horse care, by experienced professionals
- Instructor training
- Riding instruction
- Opportunity to attend competitions
- Training with all aspects of breeding by qualified professional
- Training with aspects of yearling bloodstock preparation
- Training with amateur jockey and experienced work rider within TB racing industry
- Contacts within the equestrian industry
Things to consider
- Predominantly outdoor work
- Alternate weekends
- Manual handling
Reliable transport essential as public transport limited.
About the employer
Established Livery Yard, RDA Centre and Riding School
Rawreth Equestrian Centre
WRITTLE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Writtle University College
As well as the onsite training provided the successful applicant will work towards the Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship Standard. The Standard is made up of different elements including Functional Skills (if required) and an End Point Assessment. Attendance will be required at Writtle University College one day per week.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.