Apprentice Production Chef The Plough
The Plough are looking for an Apprentice Production Chef to join their team. The successful candidate will be working alongside the Head Chef.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
17 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the kitchen team to prepare both the kitchen and the menu items ready for service
- To prepare items to order whilst following individual dish SOP’s
- Following instructions from senior chef upon arrival to prepare your daily workstation
- Prep throughout service ensuring you are always ready to deliver your designated menu dishes
- Keep a clean and tidy workstation throughout your shift
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Someone who is passionate, hardworking, and enthusiastic
- Someone who wants to work for a good company that rewards good people
- Someone who loves food and loves the hustle and bustle of a busy kitchen environment
Experience of working in a kitchen is desirable but not essential.
We are a growing company with a number of properties throughout the North West that are all centred around food and drinks. As an organisation we want to work with good likeminded people who share our passion for the industry. If candidates display these attributes and love the business as much as we do, a position within our organisation would certainly be made available.
Things to consider
The Plough is not on a public transport route so having your own car would be desirable. Kitchen hours do include both evening and weekend work.
About the employer
We are AA 5 Gold Star Inn & one Rosette standard Inn. We are the first pub to be bought by Cricketer’s Inns Ltd and ultimately are looking to grow the group to anywhere between 6 and 10 properties over the next few years.
Managing Director Paul Spencer was for many years a director at the Drunken Duck Inn, Barngates Brewery and also the Punchbowl at Crosthwaite.
The Plough is a very busy, high turnover quality food operation with a brigade of 6/7 chefs.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kendal College
Stephanie Beqo 07986 827 847 Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.