Residential Adult Care Apprentice Blackrod House Residential Home
A fantastic opportunity for a good-natured individual interested in working in the care sector. As an Adult Care Apprentice you will be working within in an Older Peoples Setting, supporting residents on a day to day basis to meet their individual needs.
Closing date: 11 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
12 Feb 2022
17 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will support the service users to:
- Engage in social activities on and off site
- Develop and maintain friendships and relationships
- Meet all aspects of their personal care including showering, dressing and toilet needs
- Understand a variety of diets for specific resident’s needs
- You must be able to communicate verbally and in writing to a good standard, understand and follow risk policies as well as accident and incident reporting procedures
- You must be able to identify and report any safeguarding concerns in line with the company’s safeguarding and whistle-blowing procedures
The successful candidate will receive a competitive package of benefits, and a wide range of training.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a wide range of people
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to complete and record observations of people you support
- Ability to work as part of a team and lone working.
- The ability to use own initiative.
- The ability to listen and respond to people’s needs.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work within and follow set guidelines and plans e.g. Individual Support Plans, Risk Assessments
- Ability to meet personal care needs of people within the guidelines set by a support plan
- To contribute to the organisation and running of social activities
- Positive team member
GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Experience is preferable, but a desire and an understanding of working in a caring role is essential.
A level 3 apprenticeship or full-time permanent role is available to the right candidate upon completion.
Things to consider
Please take some time to ensure you complete the application in full. This is the first impression an employer receives of you so make sure you have checked all spellings (and used Capital letters and punctuation correctly), it may be of benefit to use a Word document and paste on to the application, thus making multiple applications easier.
Remember to include ALL of your qualifications and grades from school and any College/University you may have attended. Whether you have achieved them, or they are predicted, especially your results in maths and English.
If you need any further assistance or information on this vacancy, please e-mail email@example.com remembering to quote the vacancy title
About the employer
Situated in the quiet and charming village of Blackrod, the home is within easy travelling distance of the surrounding towns of Bolton, Wigan, and Chorley. With a friendly and welcoming atmosphere this would be an excellent opportunity for caring and sociable person
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bolton College
Andrew Hughes 01204 482954 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- Care Certificate
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.