Apprentice Hospitality Team Member The Plough
The Plough are looking for an Apprentice Hospitality Team Member to join their team. You will work towards a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
18 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities will include:
- Following instructions from senior team upon arrival to prepare the business for the day ahead
- Following set checklists throughout the day
- Serve dishes and drinks to order as per the standard SOP
- Act as a host at all times to any guests
- Assisting the front of house team to prepare the restaurant ready for service
- To take orders from guests and serve them food and drinks as ordered.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of working in a restaurant or food service led business is desirable but not essential
- Good communication skills
- Someone who is passionate, hardworking, and enthusiastic
- Someone who is able to communicate well and follow instructions
- Someone who wants to work for a good company that rewards good people
- Someone who loves food and drink, loves working with people and enjoys the hustle and bustle of a busy restaurant environment
We are a growing company with a number of properties throughout the North West that are all centred around food and drinks. As an organisation we want to work with good likeminded people who share our passion for the industry. If candidates display these attributes and love the business as much as we do, a position within our organisation would certainly be made available.
Things to consider
The Plough is not on a public transport route so having your own car would be desirable. Kitchen hours do include both evening and weekend work.
About the employer
We are AA 5 Gold Star Inn & one Rosette standard Inn. We are the first pub to be bought by Cricketer’s Inns Ltd and ultimately are looking to grow the group to anywhere between 6 and 10 properties over the next few years.
Managing Director Paul Spencer was for many years a director at the Drunken Duck Inn, Barngates Brewery and also the Punchbowl at Crosthwaite.
The Plough is a very busy, high turnover quality food operation with a brigade of 6/7 chefs.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kendal College
Stephanie Beqo 07986 827 847 Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.