Apprentice Dental Nurse Diamond Dental Care
This full time position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance in a dental career and gain direct experience in a thriving and supportive workplace. In practice you will work closely with the dentist, assisting in surgery as well as having sterilisation, decontamination and clinical duties, along with reception cover.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
10 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Preparing surgery/materials/instruments for each patient
- Following decontamination/sterilising protocols
- Safe disposal of clinical waste
- Processing/assisting with dental radiographs
- Updating medical histories
- Following all practice policies and prcedures
- Obeying all dental ethical guidelines including all rules on confidentiality
Our course provider Dentrain Professionals Ltd offer the City and Guilds accredited Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing Apprenticeship. For more information please see their website:
Requirements and prospects
- IT Literate
- Good telephone manner
- Good communication skills
- Hard working
- Passionate about working with a range of people
- Personally well presented
- Eager to learn
GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A*-D/9-3 in English Language and/or English Literature and Maths are essential.
Upon completion of this apprenticeship, the apprentice can register with the General Dental Council as a qualified Dental Nurse.
Things to consider
Access to a computer/laptop and the internet is essential.
To enable us to consider your application can you please send your full CV, ensuring it contains all of the following details:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Full address including postcode
- Contact telephone number
- E-mail address
- Education history - including dates and qualifications obtained (English/Maths GCSE results required)
- Details of previous employment including roles and responsibilies/extra curriculum activities
- A personal statement about yourself
- Cover letter/statement of why you wish to become a Dental Nurse.
Please send/attach as a PDF or Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB*** Failure to provide these details will result in your application for the above post not being processed.
Exams are held at Dentrain Professionals, 22 Bridge Street, Bolton, BL1 2EA
About the employer
Diagnostic and screening procedures, Services for everyone, Surgical procedures, Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
Diamond Dental Care
DENTRAIN PROFESSIONALS LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dentrain Professional Ltd
Joanne 01204528652 email@example.com
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard lasting 24 months which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in English and Maths (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.