Administrator & Software Support Apprentice Software Medical Informatics Limited
Working with Babington we would like to offer a role at an apprentice level within SMI. We will work with the apprentice to learn a good level of administration and support tasks. We will provide the opportunity to work within many areas on the business and learn skills within each department. Potential further training after the apprenticeship.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Oct 2021
17 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Working across every department, you will be involved with:
- Reception duties
- Full Training on SMI software applications
- Customer 1st line support
- Website and social media updates
- Help with updating of manuals
- Video production for new software release (training provided)
- General administration duties
- Regular contact with customers via telephone, email and Zoom
Requirements and prospects
- Common sense and hard work are the key skills
- You must have the desire to succeed
- Must be willing to embrace future training
- A Friendly, confident attitude is also a key requirement when working for SMI
- Good English skills required
- Good maths skills required
- Confident telephone manner
Full training will be provided however you must have a positive attitude and the willingness to learn new skills.
5 x GCSE grades C/4 and above (or equivalent). Must include maths and English.
- SMI offer a great opportunity for an apprentice to work within the many areas of SMI including Sales, Marketing, Software Support, Administration, Video Production and Training. SMI encourage staff to try different areas and help develop staff in their preferred direction. This is a great opportunity for the right person
- SMI have customers across the UK and Ireland and if the candidate wishes to develop their skills within Training/Sales for example, national travel is required with all expenses paid. A company car is also available for specific roles
- SMI actively encourage progression within the company
Things to consider
- You will be part of a great team. You will work hard but will benefit from working with a great team. Regular (paid for) nights out with annual year end bonuses
- SMI actively encourage staff development and will pay for training to enhance staff skill levels
About the employer
SMI provide software to the Care and Healthcare sector including Hospices, GP Practices, Pathology Labs, Hospitals and Care Groups. Our client base in throughout the whole of the UK and Ireland however our Head Office is in Nottingham.
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Babington Business College
Sandeep Beesla 07341566130 Sandeep.email@example.com
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
The duration of the apprenticeship is 18 months. During this qualification you will complete training with a specialist trainer reviewing and learning business protocols in an administrative role. Key responsibilities include developing, implementing, maintaining, and improving administrative services. In months 9-12 you will work towards business improvement, which will include reporting and implementing a project for the business.
The business improvement will take you through to EPA where you will complete 1 test, a discussion within your role and present a presentation on the business improvement you have implemented. The qualification is delivered face-to-face with remote visits, and you will have a designated trainer that you can always speak to for support and advice.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.