Apprentice Motor Vehicle Technician A&E TYRE, EXHAUST & SERVICE CENTRE LIMITED
Carry out repairs and services to cars and light goods vehicles. working alongside a qualified technician you will learn various aspects of maintaining a vehicle including: Inspections of vehicles Keeping appropriate log books Removal / Repairs of Tyres, Exhausts etc.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
20 Oct 2021
17 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As an Apprentice, you will carry out a range of services and repairs to cars and light goods vehicles. Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will gain an excellent knowledge of technical, retail and customer service skills. What will you be doing? You will work alongside a qualified technician/mentor to learning the following skills and knowledge:
- Inspection, removal and repair of tyres, exhausts, shock absorbers, brakes, filters and batteries
- Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles
- Carrying out vehicle safety inspections and routine maintenance on the vehicles
- Delivering a high level of customer service to all your colleagues and customers
- Identifying vehicle problems with diagnostic equipment
- Ensuring high levels of Health and Safety are always met within the workshop
Requirements and prospects
- Experience in a motor vehicle environment preferred, but not essential
- Good communication skills
- Good practical skills
- Be able to work under pressure
- Good team working ability
- Able to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail and flexible
GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
This exciting apprenticeship programme is ideal for someone who is looking to begin their journey to becoming a qualified Technician and who wants to develop a long-term career in the Automotive industry. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
A well-established light vehicle repair and MOT centre based in Rothbury. Local garage you can trust for great quality and good value service and repair work. Our team of technicians will give you, the motorist, the confidence that your vehicle is in safe hands.
A&E TYRE, EXHAUST & SERVICE CENTRE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northumberland College
- Level 2 Standard in Auto care
- Functional Skills if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.