Apprentice Nursery Nurse The Gleddings Preparatory School
We are an expanding, vibrant and welcoming school where the children are at the heart of everything we do. Our school is preparing to open a nursery provision and we will be increasing the number of children in our setting, and therefore, we are looking for an apprentice to join our supportive and imaginative team of professionals.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Oct 2021
16 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Prime Objectives of the Post
To work under the direction of the Nursery Manager provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery and also to give support to other staff in the nursery setting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To plan and implement effectively, in conjunction with other staff, a programme of activities which is suitable to the age range of children in the nursery to their physical, intellectual, emotional, social and moral development
- To provide a broad, balanced, stimulating and differentiated curriculum that meets each child’s needs
- To contribute to the preparation, delivery and evaluation of learning experiences
- To support the class teacher in the overall observation, assessment and recording of the development of individual children, with reference to the school’s policies, Foundation Stage and Ofsted regulations
- To plan and implement group activities for both indoor and outdoor learning areas
- To develop good relationships with children and parents/carers and to participate in information evenings
- To maintain positive relationships between home and school by encouraging and promoting parental involvement in a range of school activities and daily informal contact
- To maintain appropriate records including individual child plans
- To administer first aid and be responsible for the welfare of all nursery children
- To implement school safeguarding procedures as appropriate, including monitoring children at risk and reporting any concerns to the designated safeguarding lead
- To assist in the preparation of teaching materials and displays within the nursery
- To ensure health, safety and hygiene are maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the nursery
- To comply with data protection legislation and maintain confidentiality at all times
- To be responsible for ensuring that resources and equipment are safe to use and that any requirements for maintenance are reported to the appropriate person
- To establish productive working relationships with children, acting as a role model and setting high expectations for behaviour and learning
- To attend and contribute to team meetings
- To take part in any CPD activities and appraisal activities appropriate to the role
- To undertake any other professional duties as required by their line manager
Requirements and prospects
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in the use of ICT (Microsoft Word, E-mail and Internet) to manage record keeping and production of resources
- Good timekeeping
- GCSEs in English and mathematics at grade C or above (new grade 9 – 4)
Will be discussed upon the completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
An Independent Preparatory School for children aged 3 to 11 based in Halifax. The Gleddings Preparatory School is a member of IAPS (the top 650 independent preparatory schools in the world) and has been ranked in the top 50 independent preparatory schools for the ninth year in a row, in addition to which we were awarded the Sunday Times Parent Power Prep School of the Year in 2017.
The Gleddings Preparatory School
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Calderdale College
James Lund 01422418433 firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 as an Early Years Educator.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.