L2 Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant Alpha Pharmacy
Alpha Pharmacy are looking for an Apprentice Pharmacy Dispenser to work towards a Pharmacy Services Assistant Apprenticeship. The ideal candidate must have an interest in a career in pharmaceuticals.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2021
16 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Using dispensary and stores computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Ordering items for use within a department
- Receiving, loading, unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
- Selling over the counter medicines
- Answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where this is within their competence
- Responding to telephone and face to face enquiries of a routine nature from patients, their representatives, members of the public and a wide range of staff groups, either in a pharmacy or in a ward and referring queries to the relevant member of the pharmacy team when necessary
- Drawing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicines
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met
Requirements and prospects
- Computer skills useful and the ability to work as a team
- Must also have good communication skills which can be further developed
- Honest & reliable
- Punctual, with the attitude of wanting to learn new skills
- Must be able to think on the spot and have the desire to learn
- GCSE Grades C/4 or above to include maths and English Language or equivalent qualifications or Functional Skills
- A successful apprenticeship will possibly lead to a full-time permanent contract
About the employer
We offer a range of professional services as well as the fast and efficient dispensing of NHS and private prescriptions.
Our Pharmacist is qualified to advise you on both your over the counter and prescription medicines. The Pharmacy provides a range of professional services to help improve patient health. We provide a personal, friendly service and do our utmost to offer the best service we can.
Our aim is to make a positive and caring contribution to the community; it serves, together with the best healthcare and dispensing services.
Pharmacy Service (NHS):
- Appointment booking for consultations not required
- Medicines use review (MUR) service
- Multi-lingual staff
- New medicine service
- Prescription collection from local General Practices
- Prescription delivery service
- Private consultation room
- Public Health
- Condom supply
- Emergency contraception
- Gluten-free food service
- Minor ailment service
- Supervised consumption of medicines
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Emma Worth 01922 688638 email@example.com
- Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant Apprenticeship standard
Weekly release at our Walsall Campus - 1 day per week (term time only). Some sessions may be remote.
Full time apprentices will typically spend 15 months on-programme (before the gateway) working towards the occupational standard, with a minimum of 20% off the-job training.
The purpose of the end point assessment (EPA) is to test that an apprentice is fully capable of doing their job before they receive their apprenticeship certificate. It also helps to demonstrate that what an apprentice has learned can be applied in the real world.
The focus is now on the outcome of an apprenticeship and apprentices have to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and behaviours that employers have identified they need.
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.