Engineering Operative Apprentices - Mechanical Pathway Aldridge Fabrications Ltd
Three engineering operative apprentices required to learn and perform a range of mechanical engineering duties including CNC machining, welding, blasting and sheet metal forming.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
15 Oct 2021
16 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This is a 15 months level 2 Engineering Operative Apprenticeship. You will be required to attend college one day per week for the duration of the training (at In-Comm Training Services Limited, in Aldridge, WS9 8UG) so please ensure you are able to travel to this site.
The job functions for this position include:
- Flame Cutting
- Plasma Cutting
- CNC Machine operating and setting
- Machine minding
- Sheet metal forming operations
Requirements and prospects
- No real engineering experience is necessary but you should be able to demonstrate you interest in engineering through school studies or hobbies etc.
- Good verbal and written communications
- Willingness to learn and achieve the qualification
- GCSE grade 4/C and above in English and maths, as a minimum
- Full time position within the company with possible progression to level 3 in engineering
About the employer
Aldridge Fabrications has become a major supplier to some of the worlds leading brands of mining equipment and yellow goods. Our facilities enable us to produce large individual fabrications or batches of small flamecut items. We also have the ability to shotblast, paint, plasma cut and machine items. All of this combined with over 50 years of fabrication experience dealing with finished weights – ranging from 5 kgs to 70 tonnes makes Aldridge Fabrications an excellent option for quality steel fabrications.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher 01922 457686
This is a 15 month, Level 2 apprenticeship. You will be required to attend college one day per week for this duration (at In-Comm Training Services Limited in Aldridge, Walsall, WS9 8UG).
You will work to achieve:
- Level 2 NVQ in Engineering Operations
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.