Finance Apprentice Herefordshire Group Training Assoc
Excellent opportunity to contribute towards the ongoing success of a well-established training provider in support of the finance function. Working as part of a small, friendly and supportive team, you will learn the full finance function “on the job” whilst also training with us as part of your apprenticeship!
Closing date: 27 Jul 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
16 Aug 2021
16 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties to include:
- Raising sales invoices for all operations
- Liaising with customers regarding invoices, credit, payment and outstanding invoices
- Ensuring supplier invoices match goods supplied and original quotations and process on to SAGE
- Coordination and distribution of petty cash
- Banking deposits as required
- Monitor finance email account and process documents and emails received
- Deal with incoming calls to the organisation including customer and supplier queries
- Processing of remote card payments and reconcile
- Updating internal financial records
- Carry out financial audits as instructed
- Understanding the Apprenticeship funding rules, keeping knowledge current and ensure compliance
- Assist in the monthly reconciliation of employer co-investment reports, raising invoices and posting payments onto individual learner records
- Distributing and coordinating post in and out of the business
- Deal with visitors to the organisation, including occasional reception work
- Provide general administrative support to the corporate team
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to manage workload and priorities effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confidence with working with people
- Good team-player
- Capable of independent working
GCSE at grade 4/C or equivalent in English and maths.
For the right individual, the possibility of progressing to the next level.
Things to consider
DBS check required
This role requires a high level of concentration and attention to detail.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Group Training Association (HWGTA) is an employer led, not for profit training provider offering bespoke apprenticeships and training to local businesses and communities. HWGTA has 50+ years of experience in delivering excellent training across the two counties, consistently rating above the national average for learner success rates, holding “Outstanding” grading from Ofsted and maintaining successful, long-term relationships with local employers
HEREFORDSHIRE GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Herefordshire Group Training Association
Hayley Grismond 01432 377010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 - Accounts / Finance Assistant
Training through HWGTA normally comprises of four days per week in company with one day release at our Training Centre at Holmer Road, doing an appropriate course of study. Functional Skills Maths, English (if required)
A monthly monitoring visit in company will also take place, during which we make ourselves available for discussion about any special training that may be useful to you, and to identify and resolve problems if they arise.
At the end of your training period you will be put through to an end point assessment with an external verifier where you will showcase and evidence your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.