Apprentice Dental Nurse Precious Dental Care
A fantastic opportunity at Precious Dental Care, who are looking to recruit a highly motivated Apprentice Dental Nurse to join their team. If you are an enthusiastic individual who would like to develop a career in Dental Nursing then apply now.
Closing date: 17 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 Sep 2021
16 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You may also help with reception work - making appointments, taking payments, dealing with paperwork and meeting and reassuring patients.
Your tasks will include:
- Providing chair side assistance to the dentist
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Mixing materials
- Charting on the computer
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and customer service skills are necessary as there are many interactions during the normal working day with other staff members, patients and healthcare professionals
- Willingness to learn new skills and behaviours
- Good written skills
- IT literate
- Candidates must be punctual and friendly
- Willing to work as part of a team, eager to learn and progress and work hard to achieve the apprenticeship qualification and help the company grow as a whole
- A strong work ethic
- A friendly, approachable personality
- A positive attitude to learning and developing new skills is a must
- 4 GCSE's, or equivalent, A to C 9/4 in maths and English
- Access to the Internet and PC is mandatory as all coursework is submitted to your assessor via an online electronic portfolio
There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education.
They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development such as Certificate in Dental Sedation Nursing, Certificate in Oral Health Education etc.
About the employer
Precious Dental Care is a family dental practice conveniently located in Roundhay, North Leeds. The practice is proud to be able to provide NHS and amp, Private dental care to the local community and is a member of the British Dental Association Good Practice Scheme.
Precious Dental Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City Training Services
Tom Hughes 01274 728316 email@example.com
- Advanced Level Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard
- Competency qualification: Apprentices will be required to produce work and build an e-portfolio of evidence through blended learning which will include practical and written knowledge assessments which are carried out in the workplace
- Knowledge: Underpinning knowledge will involve attending the classroom for 4 short exams which takes 40 minutes each (the exams will not be taken at the same time), and a programme of e-learning (any exam revision required will be undertaken in the classroom)
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.