Business Administration Apprentice Allesley Village Surgery
Utilise the most appropriate programmes and technologies to support the efficient delivery of General Practice programme to ensure patients are seen and followed-up in timely and efficient manner to improve clinical outcomes.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2021
18 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To maintain and develop various recall schedules within general Practice
- To operate the clinical system as appropriate for the role required
- To deal with enquiries from patients via telephone, e-mail and on-line clinical system
- To provide administrative support to dedicated clinics within surgery business
- To provide administration support to clinicians within practice
- To liaise with associated service providers via telephone, e-mail and face to face as appropriate
- Develop the use of other communication methods, including editing website, social media and others as they become relevant to the role
- To undertake all training associated with the role of general practice
- To operate telephone system for above purposes
- To utilise main Microsoft office programmes for development of systems
Requirements and prospects
- Computer keyboard literate
- Ability to communicate by telephone clearly
- Microsoft office skills desirable
- Driving licence (desirable)
- Ability to work within a mixed ability team
- Ability to deal sensitively with individuals
- Flexibility to provide support
- English Language skills
- Mathematics skills
- Excellent prospects within NHS organisations and wider employers both for continued administration support and business management
Things to consider
Be ready to recognise other people’s strengths and experience
To engage with other staff members to utilise those skills and incorporate into services
It will be busy and we make every effort to provide excellent service.
General Practice is an extremely rewarding sector to work, developing strong relationships with patients and their families. However, need to recognise that when we see people it is generally when they are not feeling their best and we need to be able to accommodate that in our responses/approach to the people we deal with.
General Practice is very busy and depends heavily on the efficient administration to maintain its flexibility and meet demand.
About the employer
General Medical Services.
We provide first contact for patients seeking medical advice / help.
We co-ordinate clinics for our registered patients to review and improve their health.
We complete insurance /GDPR requests form companies & individuals.
We carry out blood tests (phlebotomy), maternity services, vaccinations, cervical smears, breathing tests, healthy living, mental health services and social prescribing services.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Business Administration
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.