Early Years Apprentice Tracey Thomas
This is a excellent opportunity to work with a privately owned nursery. The successful candidate will be working with children aged 2-5. The duties will include day-to-day general care of children, planning parental meetings and preparing the curriculum.
Closing date: 30 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
03 Aug 2022
16 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties/responsibilities to include:
- Provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors at all times
- Deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress
- Help ensure the preschool nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times
- Undertake designated officer roles as directed
- Work with other professionals in the local area for the benefit of children and families
- Understand and work to preschool nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints, and emergencies
- Plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes
- Be a key person
- Ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments
Requirements and prospects
- Empathy and understanding
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with children
- Calm and caring nature
- A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4 in English and maths.
Progression on to further training or full time employment
About the employer
experienced Ofsted registered childminder, graded Outstanding at my last inspection, June 2017.
I have 2 children of my own aged 15 & 16 both at secondary school.
We live in Bromley, close to both Bromley North and Sundridge Park stations.
I run a busy setting and work with 2 assistants. We go on lots of outings to enrich our learning experiences of the world around us, as well as doing a variety of activities at home to encourage educational and developmental skills through play.
Although we are busy, we are still a home from home setting, where children are nurtured and cared for in the home environment. We provide home cooked meals and snacks, and each child has their own room/private space for naps.
We have an allotment close by, where we grow our own fruit, veg and flowers. The children love to be involved, they can dig, water, plant and get messy!
Learn Plus Us
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Simply One Stop Limited
Janet Dawson 07950860137 email@example.com
- Level 3 Early Years Educator
- Maths and English qualification if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.