Apprentice Dental Nurse Clock House Dental
Clock House Dental are looking to take on a Apprentice Dental Nurse to work within there team and take on day to day duties as required. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Oct 2021
18 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate and according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chairside assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies.
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Develop and file radiographs and change radiographic solutions as directed
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Provide the practice manager with order lists weekly to ensure new stock supplies are ordered
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required)
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules, policies and code of conduct
Requirements and prospects
- To be calm, supportive and understanding.
- To maintain high standards at all times and to take pride in the work that you do.
- Anticipates tasks so that procedures flow smoothly and efficiently.
- Support your dentist in the work carried out.
- To maintain impeccable standards of hygiene and across infection control.
- Punctual with good attendance
- Hardworking and self-motivated
- Confident and a quick learner
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent
- Opportunity to progress
Things to consider
- This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received
- Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship
- For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed
- Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Clockhouse Dental are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as a trainee accountant. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.