Accounts Assistant Apprentice St Mary's Services Ltd
We are looking for a driven and determined accounts apprentice to join the team and help with the accounts processes whilst studying at our college.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
16 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This role is varied, challenging and it is vital that you have an interest in finance, accounting and business. Joining the small team, the role gives the opportunity to gain experience in the accounting sector, with the possibility to progress in the future.
The role will involve but is not limited to:
- Management accounts
- Processing invoices and credit notes
- Cash flow and profit forecasts
- Maintaining spreadsheets
- Dealing with incoming post
- Processing monthly expenses
- VAT returns
- Company formation
- Business consultancy
- Business plans
Requirements and prospects
- Must have excellent computer skills (particularly Excel)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven organisational abilities and consistent attention to detail
- Be discreet with all confidential company information
- Able to follow instructions, as well as learn and work using own initiative
- The ability to work in a team confidently and as an individual
- Work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Minimum of 6 GCSEs A* - C/9 - 4 (Must have an A/7-B/6 or higher in Maths and English) or equivalents
- Studying towards accounting qualifications (Preferable)
- Experience is not essential, full training will be provided
Full time employment and progression onto further qualifications.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
St Mary's Accountants is a lively forward-thinking firm of Chartered Certified Accountants in South East London. Our central aim is to provide high quality, professional and friendly accounting services to our clients. We offer bookkeeping, accounting, taxation and payroll services in and around the South London area.
The Training Place
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Training Place Of Excellence Limited
Brunilda Aliaj 07496 141960 email@example.com
If you do not have any AAT qualifications, you will begin with AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting, designed to provide students with a practical understanding to accounts and finance. This qualification is ideal for anyone who wants to start a professional career in accounting. If you already have an AAT Level 2 or Level 3 qualification, we will give you the option to progress and study the next level up.
You can earn up to 15% more than unqualified staff. This is the ideal route if you're looking to go straight into the industry or progress into ACCA or ICAEW.
This qualification is tutor led with scheduled exams and we have daytime and evening sessions and distance learning for remote learning.
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.