Motor Vehicle Mechanic Apprentice Level 3 Parkside Direct Ltd
Parkside Direct have an exciting vacancy for a Motor Vehicle Apprentice. We are looking for an apprentice with drive and enthusiasm to come and join our successful quality car dealership in Horwich, Bolton. We are looking to train the right person to join our team of skilled mechanics.
Closing date: 23 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
27 Feb 2022
16 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Parkside Direct have an exciting opportunity for a motor vehicle apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians where they will be trained in all aspects of service, maintenance and repair of vehicles.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Carry out a wide range of servicing and repair work on vehicles to a high standard
- Analyse work orders carefully to understand a vehicle’s condition, the accuracy of the diagnosis, and what work has been agreed
- Ensure effective use of technical knowledge and skills enabling efficient, economic and safe servicing and repair of vehicles
- Complete repair and service records and other appropriate activities the Workshop Controller and Service Manager require
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team to deliver excellent customer service
- Build effective working relationships with colleagues
- General housekeeping
- Follow all Health & Safety procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge or experience of the motor industry and or customer service experience would be an advantage
- Showing initiative
- Good time keeping skills is essential
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions well
- Have good communication skills
- Able to work efficiently while paying attention to detail
- The candidate would have a willingness to be trained and developed, yet have the ability to use their own initiative
- They must be hard working with enthusiasm to do well
- Great work ethic
- 'Can-do' attitude
- GCSE English grade 9-4 (A*-C), GCSE maths grade 9-4 (A*-C) or equivalents
- On completion of the apprenticeship the successful candidate may have the opportunity to gain full time employment within the company
Things to consider
- Please ensure you include any GCSE qualifications achieved or predicted
- Include details of any previous work experience
- Please ensure you can easily get to both the workplace and to college before applying
- As part of your course you will be expected to attend Bolton College 1 day per week for the duration of the apprenticeship
About the employer
Beehive Cars was established in 1966 and has been providing the local community in Bolton with quality cars ever since.
We evolved into Parkside Direct providing quality cars not only to local customers but to customers from all over the UK. Cars can now be purchased online and delivered direct to a customer’s door.
As a family run business, we believe in offering high quality cars at affordable prices. All of our vehicles are hand-picked and are supplied with full or long MOT's and undergo a stringent check by our qualified technicians prior to delivery.
Customer satisfaction is central to our ethos and success. We take a great deal of pride in our client care and offer a range of after sales services. We offer part exchanges and competitive finance packages. We can sell a car on behalf of the customer, utilising all our resources, including finance, warranty and part exchange, and we provide customers with an attractive return. Repeat custom is central to our success. Our aim is to provide full customer satisfaction to the extent that Beehive Cars becomes the natural choice for all motoring needs.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bolton College
Chloe Thomson 07841460689 Chloe.Thomson@boltoncc.ac.uk
Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (light vehicle) apprenticeship standard, which includes ST0033:
- Level 3 qualification in Vehicle Maintenance
- Level 1/2 Functional skills in maths and English (if required)
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.