Apprentice Bricklayer DATIM BUILDING CONTRACTORS LIMITED
As apprentice bricklayer duties include laying bricks, measuring out areas, and repairing or maintaining existing structures.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
20 Oct 2021
16 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Laying bricks
- Applying or removing mortar with a trowel
- Working accurately from detailed plans and specifications
- Sealing foundations with damp-resistant materials
- Using spirit levels and plumb lines to check building alignment
- Using hand tools, power tools and brick-cutting machines
- Constructing arches and ornamental brickwork
- Repairing and maintaining building blocks
- Measuring out build areas and setting out the first rows of bricks and damp course
- Working outdoors on construction sites, in all weathers and at height.
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of building and construction
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others
- Be flexible and open to change
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ambition and a desire to succeed
- Ability to work well with your hands
- Able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
- Good numerical skills
- Good organisational skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with others
- Good communicator
- 2 or fewer GCSEs at grades 3 to 1 (D to G), or equivalent (level 1 course)
- 2 or more GCSEs at grades 9 to 3 (A* to D), or equivalent (level 2 course)
Once you’ve trained as a bricklayer, you could progress to a role as a site supervisor or foreman and earn a higher salary. There are also senior roles as construction managers.
You could specialise in one area of bricklaying, such as estimating, training, heritage restoration, or stonemasonry.
Things to consider
Our sites can vary over Northumberland and Tyne and Wear.
You can be working half an hour to an hours travel away from Cramlington. You do get paid for the travel time.
- Early starts
- Working outside all year around
- Working in the cold and rain
- Heavy work
- Not able to use your phone until break time
About the employer
Datim Building Contractors are a well-established construction company based in the North East of England, specialising in refurbishment, conversions, and new builds
Datim are a Chartered Building Company registered with Construction Line, the UK's largest register of Construction related contractors, pre-qualified in health and safety and financial security. Datim are also registered with FMB and have Safe Contractor status, demonstrating the company's commitment to quality and safe construction practice.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northumberland College
Level 2 Standard in Bricklaying
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.