Business Support Admin Apprentice London Borough of Redbridge
Apprentices will be placed within specific service areas and work towards achieving the relevant sector-based qualification and acquiring the skills and knowledge relating to a particular role.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
15 Jun 2021
Level 3 (A level)
1. Admin Duties
- To work as part of a team, supporting and working together with other team members.
- To work on or help with supporting frontline services and tasks to ensure that services are run as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- To undertake a range of administrative tasks associated with a specific role. This will include maintaining manual and/or computerised systems:
- Liaising with the customers and services to resolve issues either by telephone or in writing (mainly email).
- To assist with compliance deadlines for remedial work in accordance with contract specification
- Data entry
- To assist with collating statistical information, for services to monitor contractor performance.
- To use the Authority’s E-Procurement system to process service area orders.
- To arrange, and attend meetings as required and taking notes.
- To assist in maintenance of our service inbox.
- Ordering stationary
- Sorting daily post
- Gain an understanding of how procedures and processes are implemented, followed, and corrected
- Obtain information from customers/contractors. Process as directed or in accordance with established procedures.
- Answer telephone queries and forward as required.
- Participate at meetings: meetings may be internal or external with customers or other Council staff.
- Learn how to take notes at meetings, distribute mail, assisting visitors/participants, and arrange room layouts if necessary.
- Accompany officers at meetings to learn about development of services and how the service relates to other services provided by the Council and partner organizations.
- Obtain and analyze customer information as required.
3. Training & Learning Requirements
To undertake a Business Administrator Apprenticeship at Level 3
- As part of a structured learning programme, apprentices will need to develop a portfolio and evidence of competence and learning, including and End Point Assessment. This will be used for regular on-going assessments, and achievement of performance targets. This may include attendance at college and completing course work on time and to a specified standard. To attend any in-house training programmes identified as part of a development programme.
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills
- Accurate and good attention to detail
- Able to be organised and prioritise tasks
- Team player
- Willing to learn new skills
- Committed and keen to learn
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to use own initiative when needed
- Willing to work as part of a team
- The candidate MUST already hold a grace C / 4 in both maths and English GCSE
- Previous Level 2 Business qualification is an advantage
There is an opportunity to progress into a permanent role at the Council after successfully completing the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This role will require mandatory college attendance weekly, please ensure you are able to travel to both the employer and college before applying.
About the employer
Redbridge Council providing information on all services, local information and community tools for residents, businesses and visitors.
New City College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New City College
Ambreen Sabir 01708 462704
This apprenticeship is delivered as a day release at our NCC Ardleigh Green Campus.
- Level 3 Business Administrator
- Behaviour Skills and Knowledge
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.